🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: contract suspended
Page options
37d9b214
Community Member

contract suspended

Hi, I'm Muhammad **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I subminted work to cilent before he accept it Upwork suspend the contract. Now there is no response from client due to offline.

Will Escrow release fund after 14 day?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad S wrote:
I submitted on 17-Dec-2020

OK, I'd quietly let it count down. Usually it's ok.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad S wrote:

Will Escrow release fund after 14 day?

Usually, yes. How many days ago did you use the "Submit for payment" function?

37d9b214
Community Member

17 Dec

37d9b214
Community Member

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad S wrote:

OK, I'd quietly let it count down. Usually it's ok.

Hi Muhammad, did you finally get your payments after 14 days? Because I am facing the same particular issue.

Thanks, Evans

why you submit work on suspended Account? you should wait until his/her account reactive.

if your client is innactive and no response on your work you will definatly get your payment, except "Academic integrity work"

Thanks for your response!

I have talked to my client about the contract suspension and he told me that it is something to do with his account and that he is waiting for the support team to reach back to him. What could be the worst that could happen if he doesn't get to resolve this issue despite having submitted my work for payment?

Is Academic intergrity work is any work that is academic-based?

Thanks!

mostly you will get your payment after 14 days

yes, upwork do not allow academic work,  

Evans K wrote:

Thanks!

I think he means academic fraud, e.g. helping a student cheat by taking a test for them, or completing one of their assignments. 

exectly 

Thanks for the clarity, Christine! I am spared.

Evans K wrote:

Thanks!

Academic fraud is doing work for a student that the student should be doing. It is forbidden and both the freelancer and the client permanently and immediately removed from the platform.

Evans K wrote:

What could be the worst that could happen if he doesn't get to resolve this issue despite having submitted my work for payment?

Does it have anything to do with academic fraud? You didn't mention that originally!

Not really! It is more of data analysis and engineering

No his account is not suspended, but the contract. I had already finished with the work and all the small edits, it was just to send him the files and everything. That is why I just decided to submit.

Hello Team!

I have been working with a client for the past one month and it has been an exciting experience. He contracted me to work on his fixed-price project and unfortunately today (Friday), as I was just about to submit my work for payment, I received a notification telling me that my contract with the client had been suspended. However, that did not bar me from submitting the work for payment. On contacting him, he told me that it is an issue to do with his account and he will update me once everything is resolved. From my intensive online reasearch today, I found out that the problem may be payment issues especially since today is a Friday and his other project (his client history has two jobs in progress, one being me) is based on an hourly basis. His payment method is verified and the money is already in escrow.

My question is what could be the worst case scenario in case he doesn't resolve the issue with upwork? Will I still receive my payment after the 14 days? I realized also from my Report Overview that the work moved from  'Work in Progress' to 'In Review'. Will the sun shine after the 14 days if nothing is resolved? Let me know what I should expect, I will appreciate.

Warm Regards.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths