🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: contract suspended
Page options
3a8b024a
Community Member

contract suspended

Hello community,

I need your support.

One of my contracts is suspended, I got in touch with the client and he told me that Upwork is verifying his payment method. After some hours he told me that his credit card couldn't be verified and he closed his Upwork account.

I have already started the work (it's an hourly based contract), what will happen to my payment then?is it just gone?

Your support is highly appreciated.

Regards

patrick

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Patrick M wrote:

I have already started the work (it's an hourly based contract), what will happen to my payment then?is it just gone?

If the client's payment method wasn't verified when you were working, you won't get paid because unverified payment methods can't be charged..

3a8b024a
Community Member

So it's a lost course?

Patrick M wrote:
So it's a lost course?

Not necessarily. Maybe the client can use a different credit card or method of payment. You need to wait. Don't contact the client again about this. 

Martina P wrote:

Patrick M wrote:
So it's a lost course?

Not necessarily 

It's a lost cause because "after some hours the client told Patrick that his credit card couldn't be verified and closed his Upwork account."

Petra R wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Patrick M wrote:
So it's a lost course?

Not necessarily 

It's a lost cause because "after some hours the client told Patrick that his credit card couldn't be verified and closed his Upwork account."

Right. I should read the whole post.... 😉

Okay thanks alot
NikolaS

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

If a client's credit card can't be charged at all, Upwork will pay the freelancer out of its own pocket if this was a an hourly contract and the client qualifies for Upwork Payment Protection.

That is a general fact. I don't know if the original poster qualifies.

A client must be payment verified when a freelancer begins logging time in order for the work to be covered by Payment Protection.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members