🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » contract suspended
Page options
fahadshah57
Community Member

contract suspended

I am working with a client and I got a message from upwork that the contract has been suspended and I should stop working for the client. Now the client wants me to work otherwise he would refund the amount and will gave me negative reviews on my profile.

Please help me what should I do. If I submit work for payment will it effect my account? If I still work for the same client is it violation of upwork terms of services. Please guide me.

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

It sounds like this client is a bad person.

You must not work for the client while the contract is suspended. You will not be paid for that work.

This client's behavior - threatening you for something that is his fault - is egregious. I hope that an Upwork representative will intervene and have an internal team look into this. Perhaps they can directly do something like closing the contract without offering the client an opportunity to leave feedback.

So that we better understand this situation, can you tell us: Have you actually done work on this contract already? Has any money been released to you already?

Thanks for replying sir. I have worked on the contract and yes I was paid. And it's also true that he is not an good client.

Now he is messaging me that I should complete the work either or I should full refund him. I am afraid it may not suspend my account. I just want to get rid of this contract. I told him I will finish his work. I don't know what to say.

lysis10
Community Member

Tell him it's very cute and precious that he is threatening you with bad feedback but suspended broke clients who don't pay their bills don't count in the JSS calculation. Then tell him A for effort!

Thank you jennifer for your reply. I hope my problem will be solved by upwork. I am just afraid of only one thing that my account may not get effected.

Shah:

It is the client's account that is suspended.

Not your account.

Your account is not in trouble.

Do not refund any money.

If you sent the client work and were paid for that work, there is no reason to refund that money.

Don't work on this contract any more.

I can not tell you what you should do. But if it was me, personally, then I would just ignore this client's threats. Any time the client sent me ANYTHING, I would send him the same copied-and-pasted reply:

"Don't worry. This will be fine. I want to help you. Upwork told me I can not work on this contract while it is suspended. Work can be resumed when the suspension is resolved."

Don't do or say anything else. Just this message.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members