🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: contract suspension
Page options
mrgonz
Community Member

contract suspension

yesterday by mere chance I saw that Upwork had suspended the contract I've been working with a new client in the last couple of days, something important like this I would have expected Upwork to notify me in an obvious manner but I had to I find out by chance.

the client says it's because verification issue, as you would understand it's a new client so I don't trust him, he did fund the first half (even though we never discuss paying half and half) but I submitted it yesterday and he still hasn't approve

the work was basically done by the time I saw the contract was suspended so I'm really worried if I'm gonna get paid, I've sent two emails to support, and still no answer I'm guessing it's because it's a weekend, but please I need some help 

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Luis G wrote:

the work was basically done by the time I saw the contract was suspended so I'm really worried if I'm gonna get paid, I've sent two emails to support, and still no answer I'm guessing it's because it's a weekend, but please I need some help 

The issue is on the client-side- there is nothing that support can help you with in any way.

The client's payment method was verified when the contract started, wasn't it?

Also, the client has 14 days to approve the milestone (you only submitted half the work if only half was funded, right?)

All you can do is wait and encourage the client to sort out the issue with support.

mrgonz
Community Member

Yeah I'm guessing it was verified since there was a first half funded payment

you mean support can't even guide me on what to do like you just did? 

and yeah I guess all I can do is wait

petra_r
Community Member

Luis G wrote:

Yeah I'm guessing it was verified since there was a first half funded payment

That doesn't mean it was verified. You can check on the original job post. Please do so.

mrgonz
Community Member

I just did, and yes it's verified, I guess that should be a good sign right?

petra_r
Community Member

Luis G wrote:

I just did, and yes it's verified, I guess that should be a good sign right?

Fingers crossed!

NikolaS

Hi Luis,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You get a notification in the messenger and an email when a contract is suspended. 

mrgonz
Community Member

Only today i received an email about the contract getting hold, when this started i found out by chance

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths