cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: client involved in some fraudulent activity, so upwork refunded reversed all his payment?

aredae1992
Ace Contributor
Ahmed Reda E Member Since: Apr 16, 2018
11 of 19

why was I the only reversed contract, even though the client had several many other fix priced contracts. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 19

That's the contract where you did not fulfill the terms of the payment protection we discussed last week, right?

The money will all go back to the payment method it was taken from.

aredae1992
Ace Contributor
13 of 19

Hi Petra, 

I didn't write memos all the time, but I did write memos a lot, at least I should get protection for those hours, 
I was never IDLE and I never have low or even normal activity. 

also all other jobs still are appearing on clients history but mine is the only one that was refunded, ( he has fix priced contracts ). 

he said that the money was never refunded to his paypal, and still sits in his upwork account with him not being able to reach support, he did call them a couple of time and they said they will reach out via a support ticket which they haven't done yet ( accoring to the client ).

aredae1992
Ace Contributor
14 of 19

- I'm not sure what upwrok is doing holding the funds in the clients account!!
- the money is basically not his (his account is deactivated), nor mine, but upwrok is holding it for them selfs I guess.

aredae1992
Ace Contributor
15 of 19

I have an open issue with `Upwork Trust & Safety Team` and they have not reached out for more the 48 hours now.. 

is that normal, what should I do?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
16 of 19

I'm sorry for the delay, Ahmed. I'm unable to share details about the client's account, and the case for privacy reasons, which I hope you understand. Please know that I have followed up your ticket with the team so that they can get back to you with more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
aredae1992
Ace Contributor
17 of 19

it's been nearly 5 days now, and I have not heared back from the team, I open the issue multiple times a day to check for any progress and there is nothing yet ...

aredae1992
Ace Contributor
18 of 19

client contacted me, he said that his account was suspened, that all his contracts were terminated, and he has an open ticket with support team, and that he will resolve this issue very soon.

he wants me to push my latest code to the repo and I'm not sure what to do.

of course he did offer payment outside of upwork as well. 

I'm not sure how to respond to any of that!!!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
19 of 19

@Ahmed Reda E wrote:

client contacted me, he said that his account was suspened, that all his contracts were terminated, and he has an open ticket with support team, and that he will resolve this issue very soon.

he wants me to push my latest code to the repo and I'm not sure what to do.

of course he did offer payment outside of upwork as well. 

I'm not sure how to respond to any of that!!!

Ugh....  This is difficult. I would be super careful. Under **NO** circumstances can you accept payment outside the platform or your account will be next on the suspended list.

You can diplomatically (!!!) explain to the client that you are forbidden to work on contracts that are on hold or were terminated.

On the other hand it may have been a false alarm and the whole thing may be fixed within a few days, so don't burn any bridges.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS