🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: contract
Page options
subhash132b
Community Member

contract

There was a contract (Contract ID 23270894) for single article @ $15 for which  submitted the article.

the client is asking to write  15 articles and saying that   I  have created contract for 15 articles but there is no contract to show in my account.

please help

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

12 REPLIES 12
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Subhash,

You will need to submit the work on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article.

Regarding your tasks on your contract, I would suggest communicating and negotiating with your client further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

client says that i have created the contract for 15 articles but i see no
contract in my account .
asking to submit 15 article , how can i proceed without contract / offer in
place ?

Hi Subhash,

You do have a formed contract as you`ve already shared your Contract ID in your first post.
The funds are in Escrow and once you`re ready you can request a payment. If your client has additional tasks, they can set up a new milestone once the funds on the first one have been approved. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Subhash:

If you had an agreement to write one article for $15, then tell the client that you will be happy to continue working on the project, but that in order to proceed, he needs to release the $15 that was promised for the first article.

If the client insists that there is a contract for you to write 15 articles for $15, but that is not what really happened, then you will need to decide what to do.

The simplest things for you to do would be to close the contract and stop working with or communicating with this client. Doing so would cause your JSS to take a hit.

Other options include:

- write 15 articles and send them to the client and hope that he will pay you $15 for them, at a rate of $1 each

- file a dispute and try to get paid $15 for the first article.

yes, I think the client is playing with me, raising contract for one
article and want 15 articles and at the end, he will receive 15 article and
will pay for one this seems to his strategy. please suggest how to prevent
such fraud.

Subhash:

I do not know all of the details relating to this situation. I can't tell you what to do.

I will tell you what I would do if a client hired me to write one article for $15 and then asked for 14 more articles for that price, which was NOT the original agreement.

I would use the green "Submit Work / Request Payment" button to submit the work. And that starts the countdown clock to Upwork automatically releasing escrow funds to me.

Then, no matter what the client said to me, I would tell him: "Yes, after I have received payment for the first article, we can set up the next milestone and work on the next article or articles."

I would NOT write 15 articles for 1 dollar each.

If the client continued to try to avoid paying me, then I could file a dispute. Then an Upwork mediator would be involved, and if I'm fortunate, then maybe that person would be able to persuade the client to do the right thing.

client (**Edited for community guidelines**) is fraud fishing writers by confusing words. I
caught him he says $1 for 1500 words , is it possible anywhere in the
world. such clients should be banned on up work for the sake of image of
upwork !

If you feel like you misunderstood the requirements because the client was trying to trick you, and that those requirements are unreasonable and will not work out for you, but that those are the requirements the client is trying to hold you to.... Then I advise you to close the contract yourself.

There is nothing that this client can do to prevent you from closing the contract and blocking him from communicating with you.

If you feel like you made a big mistake here, then you can learn from your mistake, and not make the same mistake again in the future.

Thanks
It is closed

Unfortunately, closing a contract will hurt your JSS if you haven't been paid anything, which Preston should have mentioned when he was giving you this advice.

re: "should have mentioned when he was giving you this advice."

I mentioned that in my very first response:

"Doing so would cause your JSS to take a hit."

My apologies, so you did. I only fully read your most recent response.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths