Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract

ranisahoo123
Rani S Member Since: Dec 30, 2016
1 of 3

Hello,

Wishing you all a very happy new year in Advance!

Actually, I am new to upwork and have been hired by a client for logo designing. I provided him few samples but seems like he doesnt want to go in this direction anymore. Anyways, he has put the money in escrow. 

So was wondering whether to close the contract as and refund his money or should let him close. 

My concern is if he closes the contracts can he leave the feedback? because I am not sure what he will leave and I do not want to take any risk.

Also may I know rating and feedback both counts or rating would do as my frst client has just left me with 4 starts without any written feedback/Comment.

Please advice!

Thank You

christopherbudde
Community Guru
Christopher B Member Since: Jul 11, 2015
2 of 3

If possible try to salvage the project by creating a new logo he likes. Having the client satisified the first go around is rare.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

@Rani S wrote:

Actually, I am new to upwork and have been hired by a client for logo designing. I provided him few samples but seems like he doesnt want to go in this direction anymore. Anyways, he has put the money in escrow. 

So was wondering whether to close the contract as and refund his money or should let him close.

Also may I know rating and feedback both counts or rating would do as my frst client has just left me with 4 starts without any written feedback/Comment.

If you close the contract and return the Escrow funds to the client there will be no visible trace of the contract on your profile.

BUT ... (!!!!) The client can still leave private feedback and rate you, and that private feedback will be calculated into your Job Success Score when you get one (after 4 contracts with at least 3 different clients)

As to your second question, no, it does not matter whether a client leaves written feedback for you or not. The stars matter (and 4 is quite poor) and again the client will have left private feedback / ratings which will factor into your JSS.

All in all it could be said that your first 2 contracts could have gone better and if you really want to make it here you can not afford another one like those first 2.....

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS