cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract

criz28
Roman A Member Since: Jun 19, 2017
1 of 5
Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask..i am new as a freelance here in upwork. My question is.. my client has a fixed price of 200$ then she sent me a contract.. then i was able to set the amount of 50$.. can my client pay me on my fix price or only the 50$ that has been submitted as a contract? Can somebody answer please
purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
2 of 5

Roman, why would you decrease the amount from $200 to $50?  In addition as a newbie you need to read Moderator Vladimir G.'s post that's at the very beginning of the "New to Upwork" section entitled:  "Getting Started on Upwork."  Here's the link:  https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460.

I very quickly reviewed your Profile.  You definitely never want to list any test results that are Below Average.    

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
3 of 5

Roman, you've changed your Profile photo since I last posted.  The only individual that should be in the photo is yourself.  To do otherwise is against Upwork's TOS (Terms of Service).  Again, Roman, you really need to read Vladimir's post whose link I provided you in my previous post.  Frankly if you don't, you'll be spending time on things for nothing and will be making mistakes; some potentially quite serious. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

A freelancer and a client may mutually agree on any dollar amount.

And they don't need to get Upwork's permission. The client can change $200 to $50 when releasing payment, and the freelancer simply needs to agree (he will be presented with a button for doing so).

They could even change the amount to zero dollars.

The client can close the contract and the client automatically receives all remaining funds back to her credit card.

Clients can also pay MORE than the funded amount. And they don't need the freelancer's permission to do so.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
5 of 5

Roman - It doesn't matter what the client's budget is. It doesn't matter what the client and you agreed on through any communication. What matters is, what the client deposits into escrow. Whatever is in escrow is what you will get when finished with the job.

Also, not to get off track here, but your account could get suspended because of your picture icon. You can't have 2 people on it, it has to be a picture of just yourself.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS