🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » created 2 bad backsups I cant use, 2 websites...
Page options
be1c6028
Community Member

created 2 bad backsups I cant use, 2 websites lost

What can I do, the person abandonned the job, offered to do it for free, he saved 2 backsup so badly without sql files, nobody can use it, what can I do, now I lost my 2 websites he did built for me. 

46 REPLIES 46
petra_r
Community Member

Paul M wrote:

What can I do, the person abandonned the job, offered to do it for free, he saved 2 backsup so badly without sql files, nobody can use it, what can I do, now I lost my 2 websites he did built for me. 

Has that person been paid? If not, just hire someone else.

be1c6028
Community Member

the site have been lost now, and there is no way i wnat pay 2 new sites, i just paid them .

he ruined the sites, by saving them a terrible way, unprofessionnal, and nobody cant use these files now.

I aìd him to built 2 sites.

I was hacked in another domain and we needed to switch of main domain , and for this a back up was needed and to reupload the site.

he did 2 backup, abandonned me and now we cant use this backs ups.

I lost 400 $ i spent on these 2 websites with him, no more websites now, 3 days of stress, its hijacking 2 websites and nothing else.

I am in contcat with Upwork about this but the attitude of designers and the way they work is horrible.

a borderline wont have done soemthing like this, he knew he had at least one site to reupload ifnot 2 websites and what he did , is not even backups and when he realised it will take hima  long time, he asked 2 weeks.

since he built this 2 websites for em and more, he offer to to the reuplaod for free but what happenned is that now, I lost 2 websites and he doesnt replied.

he perfectly knew all that we will loose all datas for cleaning the main account and switching.

Paul:

I do not represent Upwork in any way. I am simply a user of the platform, like you. I have hired over 100 freelancers using Upwork.

Most of my experiences hiring freelancers have been very positive. But not all. There are some duds.

You paid $400 to a freelancer. The knowledge and skill of that freelancer were NOT sufficient for this task.

If you have not already done so, you should close any remaining contracts you have with that person and stop working with him.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. The Upwork Community Forum is very active, very talkative, and as a group is happy to answer questions or provide advice.

lysis10
Community Member

Looks like that guy is either running two accounts or one of the accounts is a fraud who stole his profile info and image. The really funny thing is that BOTH accounts have the verified checkmark lmao

Both accounts have an agency too.

be1c6028
Community Member

its the second time a developper destroy my website, i won't built new ones cause i am tired.

I want this guy to reupload them as he knows what he did. if upwork could help me oput, i lost all cause nobody can use his so called backups.

he did some mistakes with the backups and when he realized it didnt work, telling me he need 2 weeks was not even sure that he will do it in 2 weeks or that I may need to be behind him everyday and it s not what i was waiting to do, both sites were lived before he agree to saved the back ups and we had 3 days, and they re small sites.

He has no internet connection decent,is saturated with many jobs.

but how can you trapp a client like this and end up sending me 2 trashy back up no one can use?  

lysis10
Community Member

Did you hire the profile with 92% JSS or the 79% JSS? It looks like both accounts are actively working, so I assume the 79% one is the fraudulent one and it's not really Jean (seems strange to run 2 accounts on upwork, so I think one of them is fraudulent). The tmezone would indicate the freelancer is in Africa.

be1c6028
Community Member

the one with 79% he is in caracas.

I used the same person who built my sites weeks ago and it was well him, in the message column.

I guess the second account is his accoutn too, 37 jobs running in total. he is from Roumanie

re: "I would like to know if Upwork can help me out. I lost all because nobody can use his so-called backups."

It is absolutely clear that you are disappointed by this turn of events.

But to clarify something:

Upwork does not provide websites, development services or website recovery services.

So if that is what you are wondering about, the answer is very simple: Upwork can not help you out.

Upwork provides a platform through which clients can find, hire and pay remote freelancers.

It sounds like you would benefit from hiring consultants (whether through Upwork or other means) to help you develop more effective back-up strategies. And more effective strategies for developing websites and hiring developers. People could help you do these things in a way that gives you control over your website resoures and details, without relying on individual developers to be able to archive, back up, and recover these sites.

Many project owners use code repository services such as GitHub.

You should also consider automated back-up systems for your source code and database data. Many web host providers provide these automatically. But a wise project owner familiarizes himself with the backup processes being used by his system, and tests/verifies them.

One thing I often do for project owners is set up automated database backups that so things such as emailing a complete database backup to them, or using FTP to copy a complete database dump file to a completely independent, separate server. When something like this is done on a regularly basis (such as daily, or once per week), then it provides an added layer of data security - in a way that puts the project owner in control of his data and source code that is inaccessible to any developer.

(I wouldn't be able to help with this personally. I am not available for hire through the Community Forum. But this is an example of something project owners should look into.)

I rememerb upwork or another site liek this helping me out, the designer has used this platform to take the job and upwork said they will insist so he comunicate with me, but i wasnt sure the back up were unusable at that time, now i am sure he indeed hijacked 2 websites using upwork.

Preston, please dont make me loose a chance with upwork that this guy will correct his mistake as he will continue working here, if i knew this myself and was Upwork, I will block his 37 jobs until he fixed my loss asap.

plus i beleive this is fraudulent to run 2 active accounts

re: "plus i beleive this is fraudulent to run 2 active accounts"

It is a violation of Upwork ToS.

If caught doing this, a freelancer is likely to have his account suspended and/or terminated.

lysis10
Community Member

Paul M wrote:

It is but I don't think it's him on both of them. You said the one you worked with is Romania but both show Venezuela. The Romanian one is obviously the fraudulent one.That's probably why the JSS is so low.

lmao though that they both have the blue ID verification checkmark.

mtngigi
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Paul M wrote:

It is but I don't think it's him on both of them. You said the one you worked with is Romania but both show Venezuela. The Romanian one is obviously the fraudulent one.That's probably why the JSS is so low.

lmao though that they both have the blue ID verification checkmark.

You really have to wonder about those blue checkmarks and how they get there ... 

lysis10
Community Member

Virginia F wrote:

You really have to wonder about those blue checkmarks and how they get there ... 

lol you really do. For a second I thought maybe I was looking at specialized profiles or something, but it's legit 2 separate running active accounts both with agencies too. 

Seems weird to me someone would run 2 accounts on Upwork. That's why I think one of them is identity fraud. The 79% one has the wrong timezone too.

re: "...and Upwork said they will insist that [the freelancer] comunicate with me"

Yes, that is correct. Upwork will not work on your website. But Upwork can indeed send messages to a freelancer on behalf of a client, encouraging the freelancer to communicate again with the client.

Just remember that this freelancer has already let you down in terms of backing up or restoring or maintaining your websites. So while it may make sense to get whatever help from him that you can, you really don't want to rely solely on this person.

oh yes of course. 

thanks Preston.

I just want him to reupload my 2 websites and i hope Upwork wont fired him, and will close one of his account and maybe blcok his jobs until he fixed his mistakes with me.

otherwise its too easy for this person. Thank you all

he is boirn in roumainie but he lives in venezuela caracas, for me both accounts shows venezuela caracas with the same time.

that is 2 accounts he owned with an attempt to defraud upwork policy as they shows diferent job done and work history, and a fraudulent person running his account for so long is dificult to imagine.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

a third account now private at 10$ an hour, 6, 9 and 10 $ hour accounts

88% rate here, its a upwork heroe

12$

lysis10
Community Member

Paul M wrote: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

12$

Yes, that's the one I thought was the real one but looking at the 79% one, it looks like that one was there first. 

lysis10
Community Member

Paul M wrote: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

a third account now private at 10$ an hour, 6, 9 and 10 $ hour accounts

lol a third one. Yeah, these accounts are probably being sold with this guy's info on them. At least this one doesn't have the blue verification checkmark lol

be1c6028
Community Member

who find more? dollars an hour or accounts?

its another account, in reality its to pop up on google so there is 4 to 5 links**Edited for Community Guidelines**, i am still investigating

now i am sure he saved the 2 website this way so only him can work it out, or it be much more expensive with another designer, I was trapped by this thief, and he has so much jobs going on. Not loyal for nobody, clients and designers. 

I think you have enough proof that Upwork messed up the verification. You should try to get the $400 back since you relied on the wrong information given by Upwork.

Upwork do not care about this, they said they will ask him to communicate with me, but its not about communicating, its about uploading the 2 websites, thank you all.

Paul M wrote:

Upwork do not care about this, they said they will ask him to communicate with me, but its not about communicating, its about uploading the 2 websites, thank you all.

You hired a freelancer that was verified by Upwork. You also proved that the same photo/freelancer has been verified with multiple accounts in different parts of the world as the local time in the profiles show. The intention of the verification process is to prevent this from happening and to assure the clients are dealing with the person on the photo. Upwork messed it up.

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience working with this freelancer. I checked your account and see that you are already corresponding with our support team regarding this issue. I followed up with the team that's handling your case, and they will update you directly on your open ticket. We appreciate your patience while our team reviews the issue further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
be1c6028
Community Member

On the other side, my host decided to help and the **Edited for Community Guidelines** showed up, has worked on my websites, removed the malware in one domain and reuploaded all websites, but there is some small problems, 

one site doesnt load and the other need some small fix.

we have disturbed them 100 times.....

I hope he will repaired my sites, I still have no news from **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Its 18 h pm no new from this designer, he probably wait that my host correct all, which i doubt.

so he owns 2 accounts but this is not normal?

He contacted me and wnats a contract now to rebuilt the 2 sites.

Upwork asked him to reuplaod the sites and he said he rather have his accoutn closed than working with me, I tipped him all the time.

and he wants be paid now to fix his mess.

I will report him to the police tomorrow.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members