🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: customer
Page options
dieheld
Community Member

customer

Hey! So I had a customer I worked with over Upwork. After the work was done and sent over Upwork, she just dissapeared. She has not answered since and has not paid. It's been almost a month now and I see the Proposal Deails says "Declined by client". What do I do?

5 REPLIES 5
wescowley
Community Member

Since the proposal says "declined," it sounds like you never had a contract with the client, which means you shouldn't have done the work.

Did she ever send you an offer through Upwork messenger that you accepted? Does the job show up on your My Jobs page? 

I see, thanks.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Jenny:
You made a mistake. That's okay!

You can not be paid for this work, but what you CAN do is learn from your mistake so that you don't make the same mistake again in the future.

JoanneP

Jenny,

I checked your account, and it looks like there is no contract created for this job. In the future, please make sure that before you start working, the client has sent you an offer and that you have accepted it so that you have an active contract. You might benefit from reviewing the freelancer resources we have compiled in this thread. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dieheld
Community Member

Thanks for the response everyone! 🙂 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members