cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deadline is tom, but client not responding.

gurjeetkalsi
Community Leader
Gurjeet S Member Since: May 18, 2020
21 of 29

the client is ready to release payment and rehire me again after I filed a dispute.

will that affect my JSS negative or positive?

and how to proceed further now?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
22 of 29

Gurjeet S wrote:

the client is ready to release payment

The client is an idiot.

The private feedback the client left when closing the contract can not be changed, but after paying, the client can leave positive public feedback.

The client can "accept" the dispute. That will get you paid. (Unless the client has already rejected it...)

Gurjeet S wrote:

the client is ready to rehire me?

I hope you are not considering to let that client have another chance to treat you badly?

Send the client the link to this article, and tell him to click on "accept dispute"

responddispute3

gurjeetkalsi
Community Leader
23 of 29

now i sincerely feel he is one **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

He rehired me, just to add thin line in already shared design... I did nothing but added a thin line, and he accepted by saying " this is I wanted", paid me a second contract with a bonus and said he will work again with me. the new contract started and ended in just 30 mins... all done

I really don't understand why this all happened for that " thin line", which if he had communicated earlier and all this not happened.

will his new contract positive feedback helps in increasing my JSS as compare to previous feedback... as both feedbacks are in within 24 hours.

petra_r
Community Guru
24 of 29

Gurjeet S wrote:

will his new contract positive feedback helps in increasing my JSS as compare to previous feedback... as both feedbacks are in within 24 hours.

It won't "undo" the damage done by the first one. That is not how percentages work. It will, however, add a positive outcome.

Did you also get paid for the first contract?

gurjeetkalsi
Community Leader
25 of 29

thanks for the clarity on JSS thing. grateful to you and all others who take time to guide people like us.

yes got payment for 1st, as well as for 2nd with bonus, and assurance of more work by next week.
He apologizes and said, he has some anger management issues and loses control of small things.

anyways... I guess this is what planned almighty, a lesson to learn for me is, get as many details from the client in the beginning, a lesson for him that he may handle future situations with calmness.

Thanks, Petra & Preston, for guiding me Smiley Happy

PS: I sincerely feel that people like you (community gurus) guiding many of us, they must get some $$$ from Upwork as they are taking their personal time to guide others and is part of their system that helps to function smoothly.

petra_r
Community Guru
26 of 29

Gurjeet S wrote:

PS: I sincerely feel that people like you (community gurus) guiding many of us, they must get some $$$ from Upwork as they are taking their personal time to guide others and is part of their system that helps to function smoothly.

No, no $$$, we do it for fun, but I do have a very pretty mug Smiley Happy

IMG_0617.JPG

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
27 of 29

re: "The client ended the contract without communication and asking for a 100% refund."

This means that the client is trying to steal from you.

The client does not respect the time that you spent working on the project. He wants to steal your time and steal the money that was put into escrow in order to pay you.

Keep in mind that the client's action created a REQUEST for a refund.

You MAY agree to that request. If you agree to that request, then all of the money goes back to the client, and your JSS will be negatively impacted due to having a zero-pay contract.

You may also choose to NOT refund the money. If you choose to NOT refund the money, then a dispute is created. A dispute means that Upwork will try to encourage you and the client to come to an agreement. The client can not force you to return the escrow money.

re: "Can I approach to Upwork team for this?"

If you don't agree to the refund request, then Upwork will be part of this, because an Upwork employee will be put in charge of the dispute mediation process.

The dispute process IS an opportunity to negotiate with the client, as Petra pointed out. It may be possible to offer (for example) to return 25% of the money to the client, or half.

Because the money is in a true escrow account, Upwork can't "decide" who gets the money. The client can't decide without your agreement, and you can't decide without the client's agreement. If you get paid ANYTHING... even if it just one dollar... then there will be no negative impact from having a zero-pay contract. But if the client left negative feedback, that would have negative impact on JSS. Fortunately for you, you already have a long history of excellent feedback.

gurjeetkalsi
Community Leader
28 of 29

sincerely I am not worried about money, I can refund 100%, but for me, my track record will get a dent, which is 100% till now.

I am at 95% with JSS and don't know how much impact of this one clients' feedback will dent my profile (who is new to Upwork, it was his first contract), if it goes beyond 90% then that will be a serious problem for me. I sincerely want the Upwork team to make new protocols at least on JSS thing. I know I am also new to Upwork and completed just a handful of projects.. but I make sure that every client gets a little extra than what they pay me. but if such incidents will keep happening that is not good for the sincere people who really admire working on online platforms.

I request the Upwork team also to please make some amendments in JSS please, otherwise clients will have the upper hand and they lose nothing (especially new clients) but we freelancers are sitting here with the aim for long term associations and denting our profile with one such incident really break our hearts.

gurjeetkalsi
Community Leader
29 of 29

THIS HAPPENED AFTER FIlLING A DISPUTE:

the client came back on chat and now saying sorry for ending the contract and asking me not to go for dispute further... he said he will also reverse his feedback... will that be any help for my JSS?

what should I do here?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS