cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delay in disbursement of money to kenya

Highlighted
SHADRACK Y Member Since: Sep 20, 2011
1 of 3
Hi there, I would like to raise this issue with you. We have been having delay of money disbursement to Kenya. i normally withdraw money through local funds transfer, and normally i receive mail within a day or two confirming the amount i should receive in local currency and expected date of delivery, but it takes much longer time to get money in the account. It takes much more time, up to 7 days from the day i receive the mail. i think the problem is with your local bank here that processes the transfer. This problem started from last year December, it used to take a maximum of 3 working days from the time of withdrawing to have money in the account. You should contact the processor here and follow up on this issue because it is really annoying. It keeps people stranded. Looking forward to a conducive and friendly working environment in future. Thanks, best regards
Highlighted
Michieka D Member Since: Nov 18, 2014
2 of 3

I also have the same problem in Kenya. I received money in Dec 2014 after 16 days which really took alot time. We need a clarity of what happens.

Thank you

Michieka daniel

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

My friends, I think you may simply need to be patient. The money is on its way. 14 days may seem like a long time, but if you are always doing new work on oDesk, then you'll receive money each week, and the 14 day wait won't seem so bad.

I live in the United States and I often wait 14 days or more to be paid for work I did on oDesk.

The alternative is this:

Only a few days wait, and not enough security and patience, and then we find out that money is being fraudulently handled because we weren't patient enough for oDesk to work with the banks' preferred methods.

Then oDesk loses money, so it has to suspend your accounts to investigate. Or oDesk realizes that doing business in Kenya isn't worth it and it shuts you down completely. No more bank transfers to Kenya. Or no more money sent to Kenya at all.

Better to have your money after 14 days then to have no money at all.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS