Page options
sheo_c99
Community Member

delete

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

4.5 is a very good score!
It means you were rated perfect or nearly perfect in most of six different categories.

I don't believe you will get into any trouble from Upwork for what you did... if that's what you are asking. So don't worry about getting suspended.

But in my opinion you should never do this again.

I think that your request to have the client change feedback was inappropriate and completely unnecessary. This represents real, thoughtful feedback. Not fake feedback. I think nearly all straight five-star feedback is thoughtless and essentially fake.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

4.5 is a very good score!
It means you were rated perfect or nearly perfect in most of six different categories.

I don't believe you will get into any trouble from Upwork for what you did... if that's what you are asking. So don't worry about getting suspended.

But in my opinion you should never do this again.

I think that your request to have the client change feedback was inappropriate and completely unnecessary. This represents real, thoughtful feedback. Not fake feedback. I think nearly all straight five-star feedback is thoughtless and essentially fake.

petra_r
Community Member

Sheoli C wrote:
However, he left me a 4.5 star rating 

It's 4.65

Sheoli C wrote:
and rated me poorly in the ‘Skills’ and ‘Quality’ area

He didn't rate you "poorly" for those. He rated you a 4.

Sheoli C wrote:
 I just allowed him to reconsider his decision and told him the feedback means a lot to me because it allows me to find more interesting work on the platform.

Is this manipulation in any way? Can I get suspended?

You won't get suspended but in my opinion it's unprofessional and inappropriate behaviour. 

Unprofessional and inappropriate behaviour of that sort is also the reason why public feedback no longer means anything, we have the Job Success Score and why private feedback, which is what dives the JSS, can't be changed.

kinector
Community Member

Sheoli, I don't think you broke any rules, technically. It is possible to ask to change the feedback,  and sometimes it is even justified, e.g. if there was a little mixup at the very end of the project that haunts the client's mind when ending the contract, but 99% of everything else was done up to par or over it.

In your case, I'm inclined to agree with Preston. First, it's not a bad review at all. Second, by asking to change the review, you're basically asking for a favor. The client does not want to do you any extra favors. The client is unlikely to hire you again or recommend you to anyone else.

Looking at your work history and the reviews, I suspect you have bigger problems.

Try to improve communication and expectation management in general. Most issues tend to relate to these two things.

And avoid writing lengthy feedback to anyone (like what you wrote in the "Artist/Designer needed for t-shirt project" job). They just make your profile look bad as people tend to interpret it as a lack of professionalism.

Without addressing the root cause, you're at risk of getting into these mixups in the future too. I hope you can avoid all these issues.

Personally, as a client, I just don't hire anyone with negative, lengthy, and whining-type of reviews written to clients as I suspect problems I wouldn't necessarily see it coming might arise. Why risk it? I don't hire those either who beg for changing the review particularly when I usually give 5 stars to every person finishing the work properly, on time, and on budget. Little mistakes here and there during the project don't matter much to me.

Anyway, I hope these tips help at least a bit. All the best. 👍

sheo_c99
Community Member

Delete
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members