» Forums » Freelancers » deleted
Page options
ranjanb1107
Community Member

deleted

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer Support. I am receiving this error while trying to download an xls file. The deadline is in 20 hours and I need it ASAP"

I never have this problem.

Because I know that Upwork is not a file transfer tool.

I never need to contact Upwork Customer Support to ask them for help with this.

I never need to worry about errors with file transfers.

I never need to worry about Upwork blocking certain file types, or files of certain sizes.

I never need to worry that Upwork changes files (often without telling me), such as by modifying PDF files or executables, in an attempt to block malwasre.

I simply use other, dedicated file transfer tools.

And I have no problems.

Use:
FTP

WeTransfer
Google Drive

Microsoft One Drive

Dropbox

USB Flashdrive

iCloud

iDrive

SFTP

email

Smash

Hightail

Terashare

etc.

Preston H wrote:

re: "It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer Support. I am receiving this error while trying to download an xls file. The deadline is in 20 hours and I need it ASAP"

I never have this problem.

Because I know that Upwork is not a file transfer tool.

I never need to contact Upwork Customer Support to ask them for help with this.

I never need to worry about errors with file transfers.

I never need to worry about Upwork blocking certain file types, or files of certain sizes.

I never need to worry that Upwork changes files (often without telling me), such as by modifying PDF files or executables, in an attempt to block malwasre.

I simply use other, dedicated file transfer tools.

And I have no problems.

Use:
FTP

WeTransfer
Google Drive

Microsoft One Drive

Dropbox

USB Flashdrive

iCloud

iDrive

SFTP

email

Smash

Hightail

Terashare

etc.

This is not the case, the file is in the job posting, he has not been hired, I think he is interviewing.

I would not download that file if I were you.

The original poster said "The deadline is in 20 hours and I need it ASAP."

There is no deadline if this is simply a job post.

A freelancer does not have a deadline if he hasn't been hired.

A freelancer does not need a file "ASAP" if he has not been hired.

If this freelancer has not been hired, then he can simply walk away. Or he can tell the client that the client needs to hire him.

Once the client hires the freelancer, they can use any method they want to, in order to exchange a file.

Even before a freelancer has been hired, a client can put a file on an anonymous FTP server and provide a link IN THE JOB POSTING so that the file can be downloaded without going through Upwork's system.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ranjan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with downloading the file you're referring to.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members