🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » direct to local bank account
Page options
faithsanyu
Community Member

direct to local bank account

Hello,

I am requesting to be helped with my getting paid method. I am in Uganda and it's not favoured in most get paid methods. so, I am requesting to add my local bank account were the withdraw and transfer fees is $0.99. 

I hope you consider my request and add Uganda to the list of countries that have the opportunity to transfer funds local bank accounts.

Thank you so much

Faith Sanyu

14 REPLIES 14
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Faith, 

I checked your account and it looks like you just added your bank as a payment method in your account. Please know that new payment methods go through a three-day security period before it becomes available to be used as a withdrawal method. Once it's available (13-December), you should be able to withdraw your Upwork earnings. 

You may read more about Direct to Local Bank transfers here.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Avery,

This is what I meant. Uganda is not among the countries that benefit from that offer of  $0.99 per withdraw directly to local bank accounts. The direct withdrawal fee to local Ugandan bank accounts is at $30 per withdraw. Is there any other way?

Hi Faith,

Consider signing up with Payoneer. The transfer rates seem to be cheaper.

Ugandan members appear to use it more than direct to bank account transfers because of this.

Best of luck!

Caesar

Hello Faith,
You could try PayPal

Hello Dear,

Currently I have transer my get paid monery to my local bank account but I dont`t received it.and I have received one mail that You requested payment of $15.01 from Upwork via Direct to Local Bank transfer account. 

So when it will refalct to my local bank account ?

Hi Chirag,

Please know that direct to local bank transfers take between 2 to 5 business days. If it hasn't reflected on your account after 8-business days, please reach out to us so that we can issue a trace for you. You can check out this article for more information about fees and timing associated with the direct to local bank method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Is it possible to add Mpesa for Ugandans as well?

Hi Lwasampijja,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us! I'll be sure to pass it on to our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
7e9b6671
Community Member

Hi, please consider adding MTN mobile money or sendwave as a payment method for freelancers in Uganda.  PayPal does not work here.  Direct bank transfers and payoneer are so expensive for Ugandans.  

Hi William,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your suggestion. I will share it with our team for further review and consideration. You may want to check this help article for more information about available payment methods on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
lwasmpijjabaker
Community Member

Hello @William, these are the options available to us, which of these is the MTN mobile money option?

upwork.png

If I understood William, he requested that upwork considers adding MTN mobile money for Ugandan freelancers. He did not say it is there and as a fellow Ugandan I upvote. The transaction methods are frustrating to work with. Thank you Upwork please look into it.

b827f8d8
Community Member

Hi Upwork, 

Can you please include the payment mode Direct to Local Bank and transfer fees of $0.99 for Cameroon?

PayPal isn't working over here and Payoneer is challenging. Talk-less of the 30usd fee for Wire transfer. 

The screenshot below is what is available for Cameroonians. 

Hi Ramlatou,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths