🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: direct to local bank withdrawal availabil...
Page options
soliman155
Community Member

direct to local bank withdrawal availability

Hi all,

Now, when I wanted to add a payment method, the site recommended the "direct to local bank" method, but when I opened the "learn more" link, I didn't find my country (Egypt) on the availability list, does that mean this method isn't available for Egypt yet? If yes, why did upwork recommend it? And if no, why isn't it on the list? Sorry if it sounded stupid, but I don't want to have any problems with the payment....Anyway that was the first question. The second, more important question: If I have a local Egyptian bank account but in US dollar, will upwork still give me the money in Egyptian pound if I chose the "direct to local bank" payment method?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

You can find payment methods available in your country by going to your Settings> Get Paid and clicking Add a Payment method. Check out this help article for more information.

All transactions on Upwork are in US dollars. When direct to local bank account is the disbursement method, then the funds are converted automatically into your local currency. You can check out this article for more information about fees and timing associated with the direct to local bank method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

The problem is that the "set payment method" button says that I can use the "direct to local bank" method in Egypt while the "learn more" button on the same method doesn't include Egypt. So my question was is it possible to use the "direct to local bank" method in Egypt or not? I'm just asking because I'm afraid to use the method while not being sure about it and a problem happens or the money gets lost in the way.

Hi Ahmed,

I just wanted to follow up on your concern and apologize for the delay. I'd like to confirm that Direct to Local Bank is available for freelancers located in Egypt and if you're interested, feel free to add it as a payment method. We will be updating the information in the Help Center soon as well.

~ Valeria
Upwork

what if my account in Egypt has only USD currency, will this method transfer my earnings to my account as USD as it was in Upwork escrow?
or it will force me to convert to EGP ?
thanks in advance

Thanks for the question Osama. In that case, you can consider setting up the Wire Transfer option. Direct to Local Bank transactions entail converting funds to the selected local currency before arriving in the receiving account.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members