🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: disappeared from search results
Page options
polyniki
Community Member

disappeared from search results

Hey everybody, I can no longer find my profile on search results. Is this a new Upwork feature, that one cannot find themselves, or have I really disappeared from some reason? Can you guys please search greek voice talent, greek translator and product manager games and tell me if you see me? Thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

You don't need to search for yourself.

You aren't going to hire yourself.

Upwork's search is notoriously different from what you are accustomed to from Google and other search tools.

And keep in mind that search results are ROTATED. So that a search that works today may not work tomorrow.

Hello Preston, whenever I search these terms to see how well I rank, I always get the same persons more or less on the top positions, so from what I have seen so far Upwork does not rotate results for me at all.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Polyniki V wrote:

Hey everybody, I can no longer find my profile on search results. Is this a new Upwork feature, that one cannot find themselves, or have I really disappeared from some reason? Can you guys please search greek voice talent, greek translator and product manager games and tell me if you see me? Thanks for your help.

Your profile is set to private, so it will not show up in search results.

Hey Martina, I do not think it is private, it is set to Upwork members only. Does this mean they have to have a client account?

Martina P wrote:

Polyniki V wrote:

Hey everybody, I can no longer find my profile on search results.

Your profile is set to private, so it will not show up in search results.

No. It is not set to private and it can be found, it is just set to Upwork users only, so can not be clicked through to from the forum. That does in NO way mean it is set to private.

The profile CAN be found in search results with the right filters, but honestly, searching yourself is pointless. Just don't do it.

petra_r
Community Member

Polyniki V wrote:

Like last time a month ago, the best advice is to stop searching yourself. It is pointless, as search results are rotated.

polyniki
Community Member

Hi Petra, I do not appear at all with the keywords. I always see the same persons on the top positions. And I think it is weird that I am searching eg Greek voice talent and do not see myself when I clearly have written this in my job title, and get search results for voice talents that do not even speak Greek.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths