cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display last 4 digits of my account no. in the Payment method option

Koushik M Member Since: Jan 4, 2014
1 of 5
hi, Today i have added my DBBL bank account no. (******0092603) in the LFT method. so far its look ok for me. but whenever i am going to review/edit my payment method again its showing my account no. like "ending in 2603". Is that ok? Thanks for your remarks.
Depangkar M Member Since: Jan 16, 2015
2 of 5

I've also the same question.I m from Bangladesh.Plz someone help...................

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
3 of 5

It's a security measure so to make it more difficult for hackers/posers/scammers see your details. Have you never done any online banking and transactions before? Account details are shown like that half the time. Perfectly normal.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
4 of 5

I am not from Bangladesh but it is a common international practice to not display the full bank account/credit card numbers across websites. Just make sure that the last 4 digits and the remaining bank details are correct. If you are not sure that you entered the correct number, then remove payment method and add the details again.

When I started, odesk used to verify the bank accounts before accepting it. I am not sure if that practice is still there. For first transaction, just to be safe , I made a sample transfer of few dollars to check if things are working smoothly.between odesk and my local account. 

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
5 of 5

You're kidding, right? Are those numbers actually part of the real numbers from your account? Never post any portion of your account number or any other confidential information publicly.

About the "last four," in the US it is common to be asked for the last four digits of a social security number (aka SSN). Most are unaware that with a little effort, one can determine the remaining numbers for the full SSN.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS