🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: dispute and client threatening me
Page options
s_urooj_sohail
Community Member

dispute and client threatening me

I have an issue. I worked for a client and the job was to create illustrations for t-shirts .the contract started and i charged $8.50 per hour. it took me 5 hours to create 3 designs for my client. after 5 hours i stopped tracking time and submitted the designs to client. the client asked me for some revisions like changing the clothes of the character and putting some medical masks on them and then ended the contract. after creating new designs for the client i submitted my work again but the client stopped replying. then after i found that the client is asking for refund. i refused to give refund as i had submitted the work. Then the client opened a dispute saying that he does not like my design and wants a refund.I refused to give them refund and now the client is messaging me that they will contact their bank if i don't agree on the dispute to refund the money, and also threatening me that they will change their feedback to "something people should know about me".

I was waiting for upwork to look into this dispute and resolve the matter but now I don't know what to do please help!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Syeda, 

Sorry to hear your contract with a client didn't work out. We won't be able to share details about this specific contract and dispute here in the public Community. However, I see that this is an hourly contract, so I encourage your to check this help article about Hourly Protection and this article about what happens when a client disputes your hours

Upwork team has already initiated a dispute case for you and will keep you updated via email.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have this question that is the hourly protection dispute winning is based on memos( that whether you have written or not) then why are memos optional? and why isnt there any warning sort of when you skip the memos? and why are the screenshots of no worth?

Hi Syeda,

To learn more about our Hourly payment Protection and how you`re protested check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Syeda Urooj S wrote:

I have this question that is the hourly protection dispute winning is based on memos( that whether you have written or not)

If any one of the criteria for protection is not met, the client wins the dispute. That's all there is to it.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "and also threatening me that they will change their feedback"

Syeda:

If a contract is still open, then a client will still have the opportunity to leave feedback.

If a contract has been closed already, then a client can not change the feedback unless a freelancer proactively logs into their Upwork account and clicks a button that specifically allows the client to change feedback.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths