🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » do no understand
Page options
16e9437b
Community Member

do no understand

hello. I am new here. I have seen several jobs. many of them says that they propose a fixed price. ussually that low as 10$. Is it really this possible? or am I understanding wrong? example: https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~014d463cf20dde2571

9 REPLIES 9
9fe872eb
Community Member

It's very much possible. Some jobs really are that simple; I would have reckoned the one you linked to probably isn't, but it too has received a bunch of proposals.

mhdlh
Community Member

Some of them are right, but it depends also on your evaluation for the job, you can't know if the project was hired for 10$ or more unless your membership plan is PLUS. I am not on a plus membership, but with it you can "View competitor bids for any job". Good Luck!

prestonhunter
Community Member

A budget posted for $10 might mean this client is going to pay $10, and nothing more.

But a posted budget is just the beginning of a conversation. It could change.

If the client is impressed by you and your portfolio, they may strongly desire to work with you, and they may decide to pay you $100 if that is what you ask for.

16e9437b
Community Member

thanks for your replaying. embarrasing that anyone could ask for any work and paying that ridiculously.....  If this is this way, I'm going to cancel my profile here.

It is not "embarrassing" for someone to offer to pay a small amount of money for a small job.

Some jobs are small. Some jobs are big.

As a freelancer, you set your own rates.

moonraker
Community Member

There's many clients on Upwork willing to pay small amounts.

But nobody is making you work for those people, and there's many well-paying jobs out there.

f0edc65f
Community Member

yes, quite likely

81f2681a
Community Member

Since this is a real free market platform, this is realy possible. Knows that clients wants the best service possible spending the lowest ammount they can, and freelancers wants earn the most they can doing minimun efforts as possible. This is the reality of every negotiation, to every service in the world and every product that is sold in any market. A balance between both sides must be reached, and balance is just reached during negotiations.

As logo design markets is realy saturated, so prices is very low. A looooooooooot of people does logo design, even that U.F.O. that abducts people, they do it just to try to sells some logo designs to them.

kkears
Community Member

Hi Alberto - Based on looking at that client's completed history in their profile, that is THEIR norm (and sadly, freelancers will continue to flock to do that work for $10). Although this is a common theme on Upwork, that doesn't mean you won't find viable jobs. 

You will find clients here who DON'T expect you to work for pennies, but I certainly wouldn't say these ideal clients show up in droves. My advice to you is to simply scroll past these silly postings (note - some clients will enter a fixed price as just a placeholder, but it's obvious from this client's history that they expect to get the work they need for $10).

For me, I don't use Upwork as my primary source of income, and a couple of those reasons are 1) oversaturation of freelancers and 2) a high number of clients who don't understand the monetary value of my work or simply don't have the budget. 

You obviously have some stellar examples in your portfolio. With some patience, you should be able to get couple of good jobs under your belt here, and it will be easier to ignore posts like this $10 one. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members