cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do you charge the client or the costs are for you?

maria_tsvet
Mariya P Member Since: Sep 10, 2013
1 of 5
Hello everybody, I am new here and I would like to ask a question more experienced freelancers. I want to start with a customer service. Would you tell me please when you apply for such an offer do you use your own Skype account and buy credit for example, or you require from the client access to his own account which means the cost for the conversation is covered by him? Thank you!
robert_seal
Robert S Member Since: Aug 5, 2011
2 of 5
I've been around here for several years and have probably done 50-100 Skype calls. Never have I or a client had to pay a penny to make it happen. Skype to Skype is free... If part of my job as a freelancer were to use Skype to call phone lines (outside of the Skype app) then I would make sure that the fee I charge will cover those costs. It really doesn't matter if you raise your hourly limit or bill them for minutes used, it is a cost of doing business.
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
3 of 5
I don't know about tax laws in Bulgaria, but if you don't bill the client directly and payment is in your name, you might be able to deduct the cost as a business expense. An advantage of payment in your own name is you can use the same service with different clients.
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
4 of 5
Duplicate post
maria_tsvet
Mariya P Member Since: Sep 10, 2013
5 of 5
Thank you guys for your response, I appreciate it!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS