🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » does it really matter who end contract - clie...
Page options
leeannmerrill
Community Member

does it really matter who end contract - client has chance to leave feedback anyway?

I just realized something.  I'd always heard that it was better for the client to close a contract (and leave feedback).  But if they don't respond to requests to close it and you (the freelancer) close it, don't the clients get notified and are asked to give feedback?  It's so frustrating to ask a client who's liked your work to not just take the final step and close it, I get it because everyone's busy/stressed, but does it even matter anyway if they initiate it?

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lee Ann,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Lee Ann M wrote:

I just realized something.  I'd always heard that it was better for the client to close a contract (and leave feedback).

... but does it even matter anyway if they initiate it?

That's only because that way you are guaranteed feedback (if the client ends the contract)

If you end the contract, you may or may not get feedback, but as long as you have received payment, such contracts you close and get no feedback on do not hurt your JSS so no, it doesn't really matter.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members