🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: dormant contract
Page options
rommelponferrada
Community Member

dormant contract

i have a contract with milestone to a client for almost a month and a half now and still the client does not send any materials and does not want to start the project yet. first time ever happen to me, any moderators out there.

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rommel,

Please keep in mind that contracts can be closed due to inactivity after 90 days. I would suggest communicating with your client further and agreeing on the start date or any other details that you need for the project/tasks. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

do you mean a contract with a milestone without any activity will be closed after 90 days automatically, Goran

Yes that is correct, Rommel.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran recently i noticed aside for a dormant milestone of this client, i checked his list of "job in progress" i did not see this ongoing contract of mine in his list. knowing that this client put $300 as a first milestone how did he do it, and its very alarming.

Hi Rommel,

Could you please send me a private message with more information on your concern along with the client's list of jobs in progress so that I can take a look?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

still i don't see my name in the clients history especially in the month of august 2020 wherein its almost 2 months dormant the thing i want to know here is am i really working with this client who happens to put a $300 milestone which i don't know if its real, is my upwork account being compromised here.

Rommel P wrote:

still i don't see my name in the clients history especially in the month of august 2020 wherein its almost 2 months dormant the thing i want to know here is am i really working with this client who happens to put a $300 milestone which i don't know if its real

Just go to the contract your side and check. If it is under "active milestomes" on your "My Jobs" page and "funded" then it's real. Why would you think your account is compromised? What you can see on the client's history is largely irrelevant.

You want to make sure you're paid something before the contract is over 2 months old with nothing (ever) paid, as otherwise it will affect your JSS.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths