🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » downgrade to basic from plus membership
Page options
lk4code
Community Member

downgrade to basic from plus membership

Hello, 

I'd like to downgrade my account to basic and I'd like to know what happens with my connects.

I have at the moment 192.

My billing cicle is on 27'th, so I paid yesterday my subscription. How much time do I have to downgrade without paying again ? What happens with my connect after downgrade to basic ?

Thanks, 

Cristian

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Leonte,

Please keep in mind that freelancers can rollover only 140 Connects. Since your new cycle started, you can go ahead and downgrade back to the Basic plan. Your 190 Connects will remain on your account until the next cycle.
If you have less than 140 Connects once your new cycle starts, you will be able to carry them in the upcoming months and use them whenever you would like. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hmm...

If you have less than 140 Connects once your new cycle starts, you will be able to carry them in the upcoming months and use them whenever you would like.

You mean if I have 140 connects and do the downgrade to basic I get to use them whenever I like ?

Also I can do the downgrade, lets say, in the last day of the current cicle ( on 26'th ) without upwork charging me for the next cicle ?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Leonte,

Yes that is correct. You will be able to use your Connects whenever you would like and you will not be charged if your downgrade before your new cycle starts. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for underlining this.

One curiosity If I may, why having more then 140 will roll over 0 connects ?

Why upwork is not rolling those 140 and loosing just the rest ( up to 192 in my case  ) ? which is a downside too but not so bad.

I mean ...I paid for those connects...and is my merit that I have spent so little of them.

Is there another solution to keep them ? like suspend my paid plan or something....

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Leonte,

I`m sorry about the confusion, to clarify you will be able to roll over up to 140 Connects. 
For example, if you have 150 Connects when your new cycle starts you will only lose 10 Connects and you will still have 140 Connects on your account. If something is still confusing, please follow up with more details so that I can guide you accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members