cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate tests

nairi85
Active

Hello everybody.
Why are duplicate tests not automatically deleted?  The current situation is aesthetically not beautiful and strongly irritating. Tell me please, is there any option to remove duplicate tests from the profile?
Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
yitwail
Community Guru

Nairi, no one other than yourself viewing your profile can see the score you've chosen not to display, so why does it matter? You can also click the View my profile as others see it link when viewing your profile, and then you won't see it either.

Hi John.
Suppose to achieve a higher result, I had to pass the same test 20 times. As a result, the profile that I see every day and very often will be packed with duplicate tests ... It's not logical and uncomfortable for me, and it's very annoying.

I absolutely agree. If I have taken test three times I don't see any reason to have all test versions displayed. 99% of the users will always use the highest score test in their profile and the rest are just unnecessary. Option to delete older tests would be a very useful function.

@Nairi S wrote:

Hi John.
Suppose to achieve a higher result, I had to pass the same test 20 times. As a result, the profile that I see every day and very often will be packed with duplicate tests ... It's not logical and uncomfortable for me, and it's very annoying.

If you had to take a test 20 times to achieve a score you were happy with and that you thought would look good to clients, probably you should just be glad for Upwork's outrageous policy of allowing you to mislead clients about your skills that way instead of complaining about the clutter.

@Tiffany S wrote:

If you had to take a test 20 times to achieve a score you were happy with and that you thought would look good to clients, probably you should just be glad for Upwork's outrageous policy of allowing you to mislead clients about your skills that way instead of complaining about the clutter.

I doubt that 20 times was a serious statement. On the other side, what difference does it make how many tests a person takes if he gets a little bit smarter with every test? I completed a test yesterday and didn't get the score I wanted, however, I also discovered several outdated questions. Would it be outragous that score like that isn't displayed? Also it would take years to accumulate 20 tests in  the same field, because there is a several month cooldown before you can take the same test again. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS