cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay scam? Dropshipping, transferring them the $..how can I really verify..?

Highlighted
Ahja R Member Since: Mar 13, 2016
21 of 33

HI Valeria, thanks for your comment. 

I notice alot of jobs on Upwork, requesting assistance with their dropshipping business (whether it be via eBay, Amazon, etc). 

Since dropshipping (aka "product sourcing") is in fact allowed on eBay, are you referring to the fact of being paid/performing the job OUTSIDE of UPWORK that is against Upwork TOS?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
22 of 33

Hi Ahja,

Jobs that violate ToS of other websites are not allowed on Upwork. You can find more information about it here. Soliciting and processing payments outside of Upwork is a violation of Upwork ToS. Please, check article 7 of Upwork User Agreement.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
23 of 33

Electronics is one of the biggest risk items. You'll lose your account in no time. Just ask them why they aren't using their own account, and they'll tell you "blah blah I have limits and so much to ship blah blah."

They'll send fake products, and as soon as customers complain BAM you're done.

It's a dude too, btw. Ain't no "lady."

Highlighted
Debbie T Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
24 of 33

Sorry, I only saw a small profile pic for the OP and thought it was a lady Smiley Happy - I hope I haven't offended anybody.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
25 of 33

Debbie - I agree - definitely female! I mean, I would swear that in court. Smiley Happy

Edited to add: Jen - wouldn't dudette do?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
26 of 33

ooh, I mean the supposed "lady" who wants the OP to dropship. The scammer is definitely a dude.

Highlighted
27 of 33

LOL yep, def a dude. Apparently from Spain.. but blue eyes, blonde hair..and goes by the name of ALEXANDRO.

Now.. I've heard of Alejandro.. and Alexander.... but THAT honestly, was my first red flag..LOL!

Seemed strange. I actually did my research FIRST on his name! Turns out, I was a bit ignorant and it IS in fact a real first name (I mean, look at my first name... it's not like it couldn't have been), but, it's origin is FROM GREECE. 

Just an interesting red flag I noticed that maybe some wouldn't.. LOL. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ashish K Member Since: Mar 1, 2016
28 of 33

On a sidenote, I would recommend removing the Linkedin url from your profile as it is against ToS.

Cheers!

Ashish

Highlighted
29 of 33

Thank you for that! Smiley Tongue

(I created my Upwork profile a while back after YES TO ABOVE POSTERS, reading the T&C's. After a few months and after joining a couple of other sites.... I revamped my summary and just copied and pasted over from the others. Obviously, totally forgetting the restrictions, so thank you for your reminder. Has been removed since!)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
30 of 33

@Ahja B wrote:

REWARD: I make almost three hundred dollars for dropshipping. Not even having to complete listing details or photos myself. Most minimal amount of work to put in EVER.

The last person who came to the forum ended up having to pay back over $ 10000

There is exactly 0% chance of this being genuine, and it's as old a scam as the hills.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS