🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » earn 10 connects
Page options
carloslobo28
Community Member

earn 10 connects

Hope you're doing great! Yesterday I spent 50 connects without answer but "fortunately" today I got a message from client telling me that the budget would be very inportant to him so I said him I will go down from USD80 to USD50 for a medium website translation, he didn't answer anymore. Also I got an email from Upwork telling me how was my chatting with the client, I have to give feedback about my chatting and by doing so earn 10 free connects. So I don't know whether to say, about recommending the client, "yes" or "no"; maybe he was right, kind, clear in his single message; stil I don't feel any good about him not hiring me, not answering my message, even if hired another. Am I wrong to say "no" not to recommend this client or am I biased regarding my feelings? Then this system would be useless as I think everyone get bad feeling from not being hired, also from not getting answered, as there are so few clients that clearly explains the situation such as: "I hired another, maybe next time, good luck" the majority of clients get away as soon as they get uninterested, explaining nothing. Am I in the right? This system seems useless!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Carlos L wrote:

Prachi, irrelevant?

Yes, irrelevant for receiving the connects.

Carlos L wrote:

you mean: "just give him any feedback so you get the connects". 

I didn't say that. I merely made you aware that how you rate the experience will have no impact on whether you get the connects or not.

Carlos L wrote:

What about the morality of giving a bad feedback without any reasonable cause? I was worried about the morality side

And you rated the experience poor because the client didn't hire you. Oh, well Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Carlos L wrote:

This system seems useless!

Don't participate then.

Problem solved.

prachi163
Community Member

You get 10 connects for participating in the survey. Whether or not you recommend the client is irrelevant.

Participating in this feedback/survey is completely your choice. 

Prachi, irrelevant? What about the morality of giving a bad feedback without any reasonable cause? I was worried about the morality side, you mean: "just give him any feedback so you get the connects". Anyway I give him a bad feedback for not hiring me, haha!

Carlos L wrote:

Prachi, irrelevant?

Yes, irrelevant for receiving the connects.

Carlos L wrote:

you mean: "just give him any feedback so you get the connects". 

I didn't say that. I merely made you aware that how you rate the experience will have no impact on whether you get the connects or not.

Carlos L wrote:

What about the morality of giving a bad feedback without any reasonable cause? I was worried about the morality side

And you rated the experience poor because the client didn't hire you. Oh, well Smiley Very Happy

Carlos L wrote:

Prachi, irrelevant? What about the morality of giving a bad feedback without any reasonable cause? I was worried about the morality side, you mean: "just give him any feedback so you get the connects". Anyway I give him a bad feedback for not hiring me, haha!

You would be giving feedback about the QUALITY of the chat, not the CONTENT. Upwork does that to improve quality of their service. They don't give a flying donut what you talked about. Just do it and get 10 connects! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths