🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » earnings displayed in Client search results d...
Page options
chrisprince
Community Member

earnings displayed in Client search results different to earnings displayed on profile

I've recently noticed a significant down-tick in the number of responses from clients.

Trying to figure out why this is, I noticed that the Earnings displayed next to my entry in search results is about 10% of what it actually shows on my profile.

I'm pretty sure that this paints me in a less appealing light to potential clients.  

I'd welcome comments but I'd really like a mod or customer support person to help me solve this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chris,

Our team will investigate this further and reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Petra, thank you for the screenshot. I searched his profile from my end as well but was not able to get the same result as you. 

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Chris P wrote:

I've recently noticed a significant down-tick in the number of responses from clients.

Trying to figure out why this is, I noticed that the Earnings displayed next to my entry in search results is about 10% of what it actually shows on my profile.

I'm pretty sure that this paints me in a less appealing light to potential clients.  

I'd welcome comments but I'd really like a mod or customer support person to help me solve this.

It happened before (including to me) and it was a bug. They then fixed it, seems it's back.

For what it's worth, when it happened before it was linked to the specialized profiles and only happened to people with specialized profiles.

Here's your search result to demonstrate (should be 3k for specialized profile or 4k overall)

chris p.jpg

Thanks so much Petra, 

That's really above and beyond! 

This should also mitigae the slew of commentators accusing me of "whining" or flatly stating that "this is business" that seem to be an unfortunate feature of many threads.

Your attitude and effort are outstanding and I wish we had 100 more like you

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chris,

Our team will investigate this further and reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Petra, thank you for the screenshot. I searched his profile from my end as well but was not able to get the same result as you. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

I searched for his skill, as a client would, then filtered by earnings over 1k, hourly rate and location

Hi Goran, 

Many thanks for your quick response.  Very glad to have such dilligent mods on the case!

I'll mark your response as issue solved the second the second the back-end people have it sorted out

edit:  issue resolved.  Thanks again

Glad you got your profile issue sorted out so quickly

Which leaves only the other issue to be addressed:

I would doubt that the two are related in any significant way.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths