🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » *edited* are scammers
Page options
51640cc7
Community Member

*edited* are scammers

For the sake of yourselves, do not accept any kind of jobs from these. They are trying to scam people at their hardest. Both emailed me for different job postings and both asked for some kind of "security deposit fee" which I do not believe in, and the payment they offered was out of UpWork.

3 REPLIES 3
valdeir1004
Community Member

There is a long list of scammers.

Yes, there is, and they show no signs of going away, or of facing greater scrutiny before they are allowed to post, then repost the exact same job. When they are eventually removed after we freelancers discover they are a scam and alert Upwork, they will keep reappearing because Upwork is unable to keep them off the platform.  So be careful and read this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/From-the-Trust-and-Safety-Team-How-to-Spot-a-Scam/ba-...

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Art, 

I've reported clients you shared through your post. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

As a gentle reminder, please note that users cannot communicate off Upwork until a contract has been set up on your account (the client sent an offer, and you accepted it). It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members