🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » editing a cover letter
Page options
thephotoshopdude
Community Member

editing a cover letter

why can't we edit the cover letter once we submit the proposal? I think Upwork should have to think about it.

9 REPLIES 9
mantuadesign
Community Member

Yes, I think that would be a big help to Upwork providers, I'm all for it!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

No, it's too impractical and confusing to clients who would have to deal with constantly changing information. You have one shot on sending your best proposal. 

I think Upwork should give permission to edit a cover letter  at least once

A great idea... to annoy clients.

@Martina P while I agree we should be very careful and mostly have one shot to send our best proposals, I think there could be something like: 

You click send -> Upwork puts the proposal on hold for 5 minutes, and during this time you can edit to fix that typo you didn't get in your last proofreading -> after 5 minutes the latest saved version of the proposal gets sent. 

Pretty much like Gmail now has that "Undo" feature when you send the email by mistake. 🙂 And for the customer, it changes nothing. 

Renato,

I suggest you create each proposal in a Work, Googledocs, etc. document, make sure it's correct and then cut-and-paste your proposal into the Upwork page for your proposal. Then you have a copy of each proposal and you don't run the risk of having the Upwork page go down in the middle of creating your proposal.

Yep, I've been using GDocs. 🙂 Thanks for the suggestion! 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Allowing for multiple versions of proposals would mean a lot more work for clients. Work they are unlikely to want to do. And this is no different than freelancers not wanting clients to make multiple changes to their initial job descriptions. 

Freelancers should be able to submit one and only one proposal. If the proposal then creates the opportunity for further communication with the client, then changes to the initial proposal can be made based on new information from the client, etc.

yasmin_gruss
Community Member

I suggest writing out your cover letter on a word document and proofreading it before pasting it into Upwork. This way, you can catch any mistakes before submitting. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths