🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » education not showing in profile and other pr...
Page options
bethalee
Community Member

education not showing in profile and other profile issues

Hi!

I wanted to put a link to my Upwork profile in my CV, so I found the link to my public profile. But when I tried out the link in my CV to see if it worked, I found several problems that I tried to troubleshoot. Below are the results of that investigation.

1. My education does not show in my public profile, no matter where or how I try to view it. This can happen whether I'm logged in and using the "view as public" facility, logged out, in a private window, in any of the three browsers I tried, or on a Windows machine instead of Mac and not logged in.

2. I tried logging out and using the Upwork homepage search function to look for my profile. I found that users can find me, click on the link, and see my profile in a popup (still without education info), but if they then click the link to see my profile in a separate page, they often get a new Upwork search page instead (screenshot attached). Refreshing that new page switches it back to my profile. This can happen whether I'm in a private window, in any of the three browsers I tried, or on a Windows machine instead of Mac. When I went back to the results page and clicked on another freelancer's profile, I did not have the problem with going to a search page instead of the freelancer's profile. I tried this a couple of different ways, and still had no issues when it was a different freelancer's profile.

3. If I copy and paste my public profile link into a browser, it sometimes sends me to the same search page mentioned in 2, above. This can happen whether I'm logged out, logged in, in a private window, or on a Windows machine instead of Mac. Refreshing the page fixes the problem.

I did see an earlier thread about the issue with education not showing, but the information in the replies didn't help, and didn't address the problem of searchers being sent to a blank search page instead of the requested profile.

Help?

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Beth,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members