cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email from odesk suggesting a job?

Highlighted
Donna D Member Since: Mar 20, 2013
1 of 6
I received an email suggesting that I apply to a job here at oDesk "to help clients make their first hire." There is a link to the job but I don't want to click on it. Is this real? There is no oDesk header in the email. This is also the first time I've received an email like this. I hope one of the mods can confirm.
Highlighted
Marvel J Member Since: Jun 30, 2011
2 of 6
Yeah me too!
Highlighted
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
3 of 6
Hi everyone, This is a legitimate email sent by our team that helps new clients get started and they reach out to freelancers who appear to be a great fit for the client's job. You received it because you were a good fit for that particular job. To know that the email is from oDesk, check that the email address is an @odesk.com email address. Also, we will always link to a job post on oDesk where the URL will start with https://www.odesk.com/jobs Please feel free to apply - or not - as you see fit. Hope this clarifies things...
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Highlighted
4 of 6
Thank you Ayesha. Just to be sure, this does not affect our responsiveness rating if we don't do anything right?
Highlighted
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
5 of 6
It's not technically a job invite, so no, it won't affect your responsiveness score.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Highlighted
6 of 6
Ok, thank you Ayesha.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS