🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » email via upwork
Page options
1f1af027
Community Member

email via upwork

I am new to this platform and i have 2 doubts

1. I received email from a client without sending job application in upwork and he didnt even message me in upwork.is that spam

2. I got one message in upwork after applying a job stating contact them in telegram. But after that that message disappeared. Why ?

please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

1. Spam and scam

2. It was a scam and upwork removed it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

1. Spam and scam

2. It was a scam and upwork removed it. 

759e32fa

Hi Giphy, 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

1. If you did not provide any contact details in your cover letter or anywhere in Upwork, there's no way that a client from Upwork can contact you directly via email. This is most likely pretending to be from Upwork unless they can provide a link to their client profile. But even if they do have an account, communicating outside Upwork prior to a contract starting is against our Terms of Service and their account will be under investigation.

2. Messages that disappeared in the message center mean that the profile has been banned. Like what I mentioned on #1, communicating outside Uupwork prior to a contract starting violates our Terms of Service, so please avoid these clients and kindly send us a flag when you encounter this in the future so we can take appropriate actions.

You may want to read this post about top red flags for scams in order to protect yourself from these moving forward.

~ AJ
Upwork
pgiambalvo
Community Member

They were probably trying to scam you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members