🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » employer not paying
Page options
12a2ee56
Community Member

employer not paying

Hello, my employer did not make my monthly payment to me and he still does not want to do it, we do not have a contract, unfortunately, I am new to the application, so I did not know that I had to make a contract, where can I complain?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
759e32fa

Hi Ebubekir,

Please know that you cannot charge a client nor can Upwork can charge them if there was no contract in place. We highly suggest that you avoid working unless a contract is active or a milestone is funded for Fixed-Price projects.

Please also read this article for tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ AJ
Upwork

In this case, will the employer go around the upwork site as he wants, that is, will he do what he wants without giving me my money?

Yes. 

You both went around Upwork.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Hello, my employer did not make my monthly payment to me and he still does not want to do it, we do not have a contract, unfortunately, I am new to the application, so I did not know that I had to make a contract, where can I complain?"

Based on what the Forum Moderator said, you don't have a contract.

You CAN NOT GET PAID for this work.

This is entirely your fault. This is GOOD NEWS!

It is good news because it means YOU HAVE THE POWER.

You are not at the mercy of somebody else's decisions. YOU can make the decisions. YOU can control how things work out in the future.

All you need to do is change your behavior in the future, and you will get paid for your work.

bundie702
Community Member

Just to clarify, people who hire on Upwork are clients, not employers... This is freelance work, not employment.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members