🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Account issue
Page options
rasoul2018
Community Member

error 404

Hi. hope you are well. I get this new error message today. when I click to submit proposals it says error 404 page does not exist. I searched the net and turned out clearing browser cache can help. I did that and also removed the chrome and installed again. even tried with Firefox. for all jobs, I get the same error. also tried on another computer. still the same error. its really frustrating that it's been a few months and no matter how hard I tried, I don't get replies to my proposals and yet every day I encounter new messages and errors from upwork. I'm really going crazy. hope you can help me with not losing mind. Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farhad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farhad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

oh yea she did reach out. and she is trying to solve the problem. and I did accidentally click this solution as solved. please make it right again Smiley LOL

Hi Farhad,

Your ticket is now reopened. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am not seeing the ID verification option in the settings even though my profile is 100% complete. What should I do?

When i click on Upwork Guideline ID Verification got below error 
Error 404 (N) Trace ID: 802f66468ebe40c2-SIN

Hi Asad,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have completed 100% of my profile to get the verification ID option and make my account more secure, but it's not showing up. Can you please review my account? Thank you.

Asad, having a 100% complete profile is not a requirement to get verified, and a verification can't be requested. As I previously mentioned, you will be notified once the team determines that you need to verify your account.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I don't want to work on your platform anymore. On the other hand, a new user created a profile through a new account, and the option for ID verification was displayed to him, while my account is 2 to 3 years old, and I am not familiar with what you guys are doing. I am closing my account on this platform; I am very disappointed.

Hi. very often there is a 400 error when loading the Upwork page or any tab of the site.Also there is a message to contact support.Please help with this
I am attaching screenshots:

Hi Yevhen,

Can you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rasoul2018
Community Member

hi good day. it's been a week that I can't use my account. first it was returning "404 page no found" error. after 3 days they told me need to proof my ID. its funny that upwork can't simply say that in first place and we should encounter lots of weird errors and waste days to contact someone and ask them to check what is wrong. so, I have uploaded my id cards and other things a few days ago. still can't access jobs. upwork did put the badge on my profile a few days ago, that says: "my ID is verified with my documents and also video call" . I dont know what should I expect now. need more proof or something? it's getting very frustrating. I can't imagine a website is this level can be such mess sometimes. really who is responsible that I can't access anything for 1 week?

thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farhad, 

I checked your ticket and can see that the team handling your case has escalated it so that the team can review your issue further. Feel free to follow up on the same ticket thread if you have questions, or need further clarifications about your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

well, thanks for checking up on that ticket. honestly, I did not understand anything you wrote. I had major issues with such a big website. why I can not use the website for a week? I know in a month or so the team will fix the issue eventually. but who is responsible and can answer me about unknown errors everywhere? it's not just this one. I had troubles with upwork for other reasons also. so when people lose their precious time over errors, upwork has any responsibility about that?

thanks

sarachaudhary
Community Member

Would you please help me? I cannot log in on Upwork due to 400 lousy request errors.

8c2fbe4c
Community Member

Hi good day. it's been a week that I can't use my account. first it was returning "404 page no found" error.  Error 404 (A)
Trace ID: 7017670f696e92cf-IST

Hi Wael,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
8c2fbe4c
Community Member

Thank you very much for reply, and support, unfortunately, I tried that but the issue persists.

Hi Wael,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
8c2fbe4c
Community Member

Thank you very much

45f5d57b
Community Member

I have similar issue, my client has approved the job and also ended the contract after payment has been made in full. But I find it difficult to end the contract from end, I have given review for the client and a page comes up saying "the feedback cannot be modified", meanwhile, the payment still says pending in the job page.

I have sent mail thrice but the support team keep sending me procedures to go about it. It same thing keeps recurring. I will attach a screenshot for prove. 

Hi Oluwadamilola,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already submitted a follow-up email to the team detailing the issue you're having. Please allow them time to review and update you directly on your ticket. Thank you for your patience!

~ Joanne
Upwork
5be99796
Community Member

Hi, can you help me to open a ticket? when I try I get redirected everytime and my upwork app isnt working either, when I try to redownload it or try to contact support I get 404.

Anyone else facing this problem? My app was not connecting to internet even though connection was fine so when I tried to reinstall the app I am getting this error.

1660695685100.png

Hi Hanzala,

Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser in downloading the app? Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
abrar_ul_hassan
Community Member

I am also getting the Same error, this time, clients tried to approach me everywhere they could and told me that thay can't send me a message for their jobs that I applied for.
Another client directly sent me the hiring offer and I accepted that as well, and Now I can't message him and worried how will I start the work without even having a conversation becasue I need a lot of compulsory details to start the work. When I click on send a message it shows me 404 not found error.
Now I am also worried that I have accepted the job offer and if I don't complete the work (whihc I can't before I have a conversation with the client), he will leave a bad review as well. Totally frustrating it is, this i sthe reason now I understand that why so many clients are viewing my proposals from the last couple of days but nobody is responding - because they can't even message me and I am just wating my time, efforts and Connect with boosting as well. SUPER FRUSTRATING it it. Please help if anyone can, I don't want to loose my potential clients and have bad reviews on my profile becaues of something that only the platform controls and has nothing to do with my work. 😕

abrar_ul_hassan_0-1681171592851.png

Hi Abrar,

We certainly understand your concern and how you want this resolved immediately. However, I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks Arjay, yes I have contacted the support and it's a very weird issue. My other client approached me everywhere he just wants to hire me and trying it for so many days now and we can't get into discussion on upwork. He is also facing the same issue, I was unaware of it before this client who directly sent me the Job offer without getting in any conversation, which was also doubtful for me because almost everyone first gets into the conversation beore hiring a freelancer and now I can't message him. I hope this issue gets fixed fast otherwise I will have a huge loss and maybe a bad review on my profile.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members