screeler
Member

error with Upwork messaging.

23 REPLIES 23
resonantfish
Member

Yup, me too.

 

Had to refresh for a while before I was able to respond to anyone.

Thanks Collin,

I have been refreshing, logging out/in and nothing yet. Nice to know it will come back!

Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 8.43.27 AM.png

😞 I hope messaging isn't broken again. That's a big one.

 

Mariska, just something I would try to get around it. Open an incognito mode browser window and log in from there. See if it works.

FINALLY got it to open and stay open!!! woohooooo! 

anima9
Member

This has been quite quite frequent since before the latest update but it's gotten worse just now.

t5mrich
Member

A couple weeks ago, I had a problem pasting text into the message box.  Customer service provided an answer.  I applied the same cache clearing solution to this new "Error with Messaging" problem and got things back to working order.  Here is whai I did:

 

1. Log out from your Upwork account.

2. Please try to clear cache on your current browser or try to clear Upwork cookies using this link https://upwork.com/clearcookies on the Opera browser, restart your browser and try again.

3. Use a different browser and try again.

4. It may also help if you restart your computer and modem.

 


@Richard A wrote:

A couple weeks ago, I had a problem pasting text into the message box.  Customer service provided an answer.  I applied the same cache clearing solution to this new "Error with Messaging" problem and got things back to working order.  Here is whai I did:

 

1. Log out from your Upwork account.

2. Please try to clear cache on your current browser or try to clear Upwork cookies using this link https://upwork.com/clearcookies on the Opera browser, restart your browser and try again.

3. Use a different browser and try again.

4. It may also help if you restart your computer and modem.

 


*sigh*

 

Exactly. Because nothing enhances my workflow better than having to apply band-aids to buggy software throughout my working day—and pay for the privilege. 

I am not receiving any attachments sent by clients in messages. It only works in an actual offer.

 

Edit:

 

Maybe I am being punished for switching back to the old messaging system again after they opted me in to the new system last week?


@Richard A wrote:

[…] 

1. Log out from your Upwork account.

2. Please try to clear cache on your current browser or try to clear Upwork cookies using this link https://upwork.com/clearcookies on the Opera browser, restart your browser and try again.

3. Use a different browser and try again.

4. It may also help if you restart your computer and modem.

 


Wow! All that to receive/send messages??? I guess that's not in conformity with what CEO Stephane Kasriel had in mind when he spoke to Forbes:

 

"When we talk to freelancers about their experience in getting a job on one side and accepting a job on the other we’re hearing it’s still taking too much of my time and still really inefficient,” said Kasriel.

One key element that will speed the process, says Kasriel, is the Upwork Message Center, a new chat tool the company has introduced."

I reported the 'error' when hitting the message tab a few hours ago, and the response was nope, no problem seen. Well, it is there again (worked for a little while, and again....well...defunct).

I am getting a popup this morning and can't get to my messages.

 

pandoraharper
Member

Several areas of Upwork are not working as they should today.

 

Including:

 

  • Job Search - Goes to Login page
  • Message Center - Gobbledygook (aka code) error, or a simple 'not available' message.
  • Profile - Not available mesage.

 

These problems show up in this thread and a couple others today. I've been lucky to get past these issues by simply re-loading the page in question a few times.

 

Along with the other 4-5 web page loading issues I had on other sites today, it's clearly MONDAY.


@Pandora H wrote:

Several areas of Upwork are not working as they should today.

 

Including:

 

  • Job Search - Goes to Login page
  • Message Center - Gobbledygook (aka code) error, or a simple 'not available' message.
  • Profile - Not available mesage.

 

These problems show up in this thread and a couple others today. I've been lucky to get past these issues by simply re-loading the page in question a few times.

 

Along with the other 4-5 web page loading issues I had on other sites today, it's clearly MONDAY.


Murphy's law in action:

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse." 

 

julia_dp
Member

Ela, that happened to me yesterday too. And then I found out that the attachments only can be seen if you switch to the new system...

 


@Julia D wrote:
Ela, that happened to me yesterday too. And then I found out that the attachments only can be seen if you switch to the new system...

Oh so this is why 😞 I guess it's to force those still using the old system to switch to the new one.

My messages arent loading. Anyone else having this problem?

 

 

Yes I am.  Page wont load.

 

Hopefully this will fix soon as this is way worse than not getting notifications.  Not being able to communicate at all is a problem!

 

 It is not loading on the iphone app either.

 

Great!....(sarcasm)!

Looks like it is back up - thanks Upwork 🙂

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mariska and others,

 

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with the messaging system. I still encourage you to report them to our Customer Support so they can be individually addressed and investigated.

Reports of issues with attachments not being delivered have been passed to our engineers and they are currently working on it.

 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

That 'clear cookies' link that CS delivers does nothing. I investigated deeper when I found the time, and absolutely none of my cookies had been deleted. I went in and removed them manually.

 

Earlier today, a client reported that he was having trouble getting messages to load as well.

The new messaging system seems designed to encourage prayer.

keyworkstudio
Member

2016 and still had this error Smiley LOL