🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: escrow refund
Page options
t1nka-payt1nka
Community Member

escrow refund

Hi there!
I'm having this problem!
I know that might be a stupid question but I have hard times understanding this process...

Started a fixed price contract with a client and he decided to create a weekly milestones after (so every week he adds another milestone for the next week)

then client changed his mind about working process a week after starting the contract,and requested an escrow refund.

Does that mean that he requests all the money he supposed to pay (for previous milestone where the work was already submitted) or only for the last milestone?

Thanks for your help 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
lysis10
Community Member

The refund request tells you how much they want back I believe.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

No matter what the client "wants," never agree to refund money you have already earned.

If the client has already funded a milestone for work you and (s)he do not now expect you will perform under the new milestone schedule, you might as well agree to refunding it and start working under the new milestone schedule.

Just be sure to NEVER spend time working on a milestone until a) that milestone is fully funded by the client and b) the client or Upwork have released to you all previous milestones in full for work you have already completed. (That a client makes you wait 14 days for Upwork to release a milestone is a big red flag. Be careful working for such a client.)

Good luck.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths