🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: expensive connects
Page options
showtimer
Community Member

expensive connects

this is so unfair, i been purchasing connects and still i couldnt hired and beside of that. 6 connects will cost every job post when you apply, while before it only cost 2 connects and its free. why is so expensive.? and beside of that the connects you used to apply, it wont return to you even the client ignore your job application.

10 REPLIES 10
2f5ff562
Community Member

I´d say you earn pretty good... more than 23k in one project it´s pretty good, if this was  a  real business you had locally wouldnt you pay money on publicity? on tax stuff? if you have earned more than 50k on your Upwork career, what is 12 bucks for a package of connects? how´s that even expensive? or even better paying 15usd for a plus account?

Its not about those 12$ bucks, for his 23k job he already paid 2000$ which is totally fair. But to spent 6 connects on a single job thats just too much. When was the last time you heard that upwork did something for us.. freelancers ?

Saeed A wrote:

Its not about those 12$ bucks, for his 23k job he already paid 2000$ which is totally fair. But to spent 6 connects on a single job thats just too much. When was the last time you heard that upwork did something for us.. freelancers ?

True... true, although not every job is 6 connects, and still how much is 6 connects? you´ve never invested in publicity haven´t you? facebook ads? nothing?

hodgesh
Community Member

Mateo R. S wrote:

if you have earned more than 50k on your Upwork career, what is 12 bucks for a package of connects? how´s that even expensive? or even better paying 15usd for a plus account?

It's a lot for someone who is earning just a few dollars an hour. Note that the

$50k+

is spread out over seven years—that's less than $10K/year.

florydev
Community Member

So it seems your definition of fair is that Upwork has to keep everything exactly the same because that is the way you want it?

Or is it unfair because you are forced to use Upwork?

I’m not sure I understand.
cydo
Community Member

I phased myself out of my Upwork contracts when they increased the fees we have to pay as Freelancers. Although I had been working through the agency since the Odesk days, I found myself priced out of the process, simply because I'm not willing to give away my time and hard work -- AND pay a higher fee to do it.

I recently thought of searching for some new clients, but this other increase changed my mind. Truthfully, in the last couple of months I have had three people ask me seriously about how to get into Freelance work. I told them about Upwork, but was honest that the fee structure is not something I want to do anymore. I don't know what any of them decided to do.

I guess that's the point. Everyone has a choice in how they want to seek and accept work. 

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

You made $6k on one project, $23k on another, and have 13 jobs in progress.  

$14.99/month x 12 months = $180/year 

Tell us again how poor you are and how this change is a tremendous hardship on you. 

silw
Community Member

add a 0 to your rates. problem solved.

tlsanders
Community Member

Jaime Jr C wrote:

this is so unfair, i been purchasing connects and still i couldnt hired and beside of that. 6 connects will cost every job post when you apply, while before it only cost 2 connects and its free. why is so expensive.? and beside of that the connects you used to apply, it wont return to you even the client ignore your job application.

Because they don't want people who aren't getting hired to keep sending out proposal after proposal.

Tiffany S wrote:

Jaime Jr C wrote:

Because they don't want people who aren't getting hired to keep sending out proposal after proposal.

Of course! if you are getting hired regularly it means you have cash to get more connects, Upwork needs to get rid of the less productive ones, true. And it´s even better for those that stay.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths