cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extremely high CPU and memory usage by the Upwork Team app.

Highlighted
Ivijan S Member Since: Jul 15, 2015
21 of 29

Hi guys, I also have a problem. New version of Time Tracker consume a lot of memory, sometimes 600-800MB on Win 10 Pro 64bit, 16GB RAM, i7-2600 CPU 3.40GHz .

When I use other software, if I do some video rendering or some other development software this can be tricky. Also I have few times problem that Time Tracker use lot of CPU but I not made screenshoot and don't know the reason.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Yesterday I was clever. That's why I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise. Because changing myself...
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
22 of 29

Hi Ivijan,

Our support team will follow up with you directly about this via an email support ticket that has been created for this. Thank you

~Nina
Highlighted
Michael P Member Since: Jan 1, 2018
23 of 29

Hello, Mine is going nuts often.  Ive got a high end machine.  Im on another high end machine using remote desktop.  Ive got two issues.  First is the 5-20% of CPU usage it shows.  But this also seems to effect the Desktop Window Manager as well and cause a 10-50% GPU usage on a 1080 TI!  WOW!

This will be sucking up power, I need a resolution.  My bills are too high!  I suspect you are storing data and sending it to upwork.  I suspect its going nuts, or the data you collect might need to change.  Either that or the software stores everything and now non-indexed lookups are going crazy. Anyways, I need a resolution please.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
24 of 29

Hi Michael,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further with your concern. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Gregory M Member Since: Jul 20, 2015
25 of 29

About 800MB in Private bytes on my machine as well.
Upwork client uses exactly the same stack as Slack does, but Slack works an order of magnitude faster on the same machine

Image 2019-01-17-006.png

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
26 of 29

Hi Gregory,

Could you, please, refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience the same issue after applying them. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Jeffrey B Member Since: Dec 22, 2019
27 of 29

Hi Goran V,

Im having the same issue with Christine's after the last update. 

Can someone have me figure out the solutions thanks!

Jeffrey B. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
28 of 29

3 gb of memory is very low for our times.

Close any program and tabs as you can when working.

Also, you can try to increase the virtual memory: 

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/increasing-virtual-memory-on-windows/

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
29 of 29

Hi Jeffrey,

Could you please check this help article for troubleshooting tips? If this doesn't resolve the issue, please let us know. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS