🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » facing a problem to Adding a phone number in ...
Page options
rabiaashfaque
Community Member

facing a problem to Adding a phone number in bank account payment method

I was seeking help on the issue. I am unable to add my phone number to my payment setup. Can you please help. I am also attached with a screen shot which you can see how I put my phone number
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rabia,

Could you please try entering your phone number in the format shown in the error message? The country code should be wrapped in brackets but no brackets needed around the phone number itself.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

155 REPLIES 155
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rabia,

Could you please try entering your phone number in the format shown in the error message? The country code should be wrapped in brackets but no brackets needed around the phone number itself.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you so much it's working now  🙂

I am unable to add my phone number in Set up Payments: Direct to Local Bank.
It is asking for the phone number in following format:
"Enter phone number in (###) ############ format."
However my phone number has less digits including the international dialing and country code.
I even tried to match the requested format, by adding additional zeros in the beginning of the number but i was still unable to add my phone number.

Hi Saad,

Please add your phone number in this format:
(country code) (space) phone number, also please don't add extra zeros or plus signs before your country code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I am still unable to add the phone number and get the same error message:

Enter phone number in (###) ############ format.”

same problem here

Hi Kinny, 

Could you please let us know what format you're entering your phone number in? Normally, your area code would go into brackets followed with your number without any punctuation. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Sir I am not able to enter my number properly even have refreshed the feed kindly help me in this regard.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Zuhaib and Saad,

Please, make sure you're entering your phone number in the suggested format with the area code in brackets and no dashes.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello,

Same here. I followed the format ### ############ but it's not going through. I tried different ways like adding +63 or adding 00 to nothing... Please help.

Elbert

Hi Elbert,

Please don't add any additional numbers or signs in front of your country code. Also don't forget to add your country code in brackets, leave space after the brackets and then add the rest of your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I will try. Thank you! 🙂

I am getting "Enter phone number in (###) ############ format." Error . Country code is +91 for India.

so according to format the value i have to enter is (+91) ********** . But stills gives same error. I dont understand hoe to enter 12 digits for phone number when we have only 10 digits for phone number excluding country code.

Hi Pooja,

Could you please try adding the phone number in this format: "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area? Make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

my phone number still error (+63) ##########

Hi Rizza,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets, and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I can't type brackets in the mobile number field

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashima,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi!

I need some help. I'm trying to setup a payment option but the phone number box keeps telling me my number is in the wrong format. I'm not able to get around this issue. Please help!

Hi Mark,

Could you please make sure you enter it with the country code in the brackets and then the rest of your number with no punctuation?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello,
In can’t add my bank account because when I give my phone number, it is said that it’s a wrong format. But I’m french and my phone number can’t be written (XXX)XXXXXXXXXXXX but (+33)XXXXXXXXX
How can I do?

Hi Ines,

Could you please try entering it without the "+" sign? Just the country code in the brackets and the rest of your number without any punctuation.

Please, let us know if you still see the error. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Upwork Community,

I've been trying to add new payment method (Direct to Local Bank in India).  In India the mobile numbers are of 10 digits length and the country code is 91.  I tried following:

1. (+91)##########

2. (091)##########

3. (###)#######

4. +91##########

5. 91##########

None of the above formats were accepted.  Could you please help resolving this?

Best regards,

J SARAVANAKUMAAR

P.S. The same mobile number got accepted in my contact info page.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saravanakumaar, 

Could you please try adding your phone number in this format (91)space(xxxxxxxxxx). Please do not add dashes, the "+" sign, and make sure that the numbers are in the brackets. Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi am currently setting up my payment details. Unfortunately, I cannot successfully save the changes since I cannot enter my phone number. Is there a certain philippine phone number format I need to know?

Hi Christy,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Tried all the possible combinations suggested, however it wont accept my phone number. Kindly advise

Hi Moheet,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

The problem is that in Russia we have 11 symbols in phone number:\
The question is how can I enter my number in "get paid"  payment info if on Upwork are requesting 15 symbols in number?

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rodion,

Regardless how many digits your phone number has, could you please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

PHONE NO DO NOT ADD IN GET PAYMENT METHODS. ERROR MESSAGE CORRECT FORMAT

Hi Indraprabha,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am unable to add my phone number when setting up payment methods.The field requests a number in (###) ############ format. There is no way I can make my number [1 (xxx) xxx xxxx] fit this format.

Hi Michael,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you. It would be helpful if this information were presented with the entry field itself, as the existing hint doesn't make this clear.

Thanks for the feedback, Michael. We'll make sure to share this with the team for their consideration.

~ Avery
Upwork

How to write my Indian Phone Number in (### ############ format?

Please help me. Here is a sample Indian Number: +91 9548238822

Hi Tushar,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I can't set up my phone number on set up payment page it, I entered **edited for Community Guidelines** because my phone number is **edited for Community Guidelines** but it shows this "Enter phone number in (###) ############ format." to me and I can't go the next process

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members