🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » facing a problem to Adding a phone number in ...
Page options
rabiaashfaque
Community Member

facing a problem to Adding a phone number in bank account payment method

I was seeking help on the issue. I am unable to add my phone number to my payment setup. Can you please help. I am also attached with a screen shot which you can see how I put my phone number
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rabia,

Could you please try entering your phone number in the format shown in the error message? The country code should be wrapped in brackets but no brackets needed around the phone number itself.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

155 REPLIES 155

Hi Sonya,

Please use brackets for your country code and after adding a space enter the rest of your phone number.
Example: (200) 2949483. You just need to add the country code without any signs and leave space after the brackets. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have a problem with 

Enter phone number in (###) ############ format. 
I don't know how to put my phone number - +84 ** *******
My bank account is Russian, but currently, I'm in Vietnam. If I change my address to Vietnam I can't use my bank card. 

Hi Marta,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you. 

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi!

Waiting for your respond. Also my account was suspended and I didn't get any notifications or email with the reasons.
Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marta,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm from Bangladesh. I can't add my bank account due to phone number. In the phone number option it requires 15 digit like (###) ############ . Our country code is (+88) and total phone number digit is11.

How can I add bank account? Please help me. What will I do to solve the problem?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Khalid,

Could you please try entering your phone number in the format shown in the error message? The country code should be wrapped in brackets (without the plus (+) sign for the country code), make space between the country code and the phone number, no brackets needed around the phone number itself.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am not able to input indian mobile in payment set up. 

Pls help. 

Hi Uday,

Please try to add the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi this email has been incorrectly sent to my email. **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Please check the recipient. I’ve had the same issue as the person you’re

Hi Sonya,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You have been unsubscribed from notification on this thread.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Please try to add the phone number in this format "(country code) phone
number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap
the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and
the phone number.

To set up payment, I need to add my phone number at the bottom of the page. It's not accepting the format I'm using. How do I need to type my cell phone number in there?

Hi Kate,

Could you please try entering your phone number in the format shown in the error message? The country code should be wrapped in brackets, without the plus (+) sign, add a space between the country code and the phone number, and no brackets needed around the phone number itself. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I need your help!

I have a phone number problem. When I enter my phone number correctly,  I try it so many time please help me fast.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pooja,

Please try to add the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
a08dccfe
Community Member

Hii Bojan,
Thank you soo much for help me

Thanks,
Pooja

Hello, I'm having getting through the next step.
I'm trying to put in my phone number that's linked to my bank account here in the Philippines.
Was able to submit all the information but it seems like the issue is from the format of my phone number.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rene,

Could you please try adding the phone number in this format: "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code? Make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Facing this problem

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Type number like this: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks.

Hi there,

I've got two questions. One I asked a couple of weeks ago, which was related to my payment methods. How can I insert my phone number +5521... according to your standards (###)###### ? I tried different methods but none is working. So, please help me, so I can update the payment method.

Secondly, my time tracker app isn't working. I can't select a project as none is shown, only the last one that I worked on, that has already ended. I restarted the app, redownloaded it but it's not working.

Please help me with these two issues, so I can continue working.

Thank you,

Bia

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Birgit,

Regarding your Desktop App concern, please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am trying to Set up new Payment but always phone format error ?!

(+20)1205******

Hi Andrew,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number. In your case, it should be something like (20) 1205******.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

same, i have tried so many ways, but still can not enter correctly

Hi Bai,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

image.png

Hi Parthbharti,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please add your phone number in the correct format as described in the error message without the plus (+) sign for your country area code. Feel free to follow up if the problem persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you. 

The issue is short out.

Hi, I am from India and I did not enter any + sign i just entered the country code 91 followed by my 10 digit phone number but does not work. Shows me the same message that my format is wrong.

(###) ############### <- accordinf to this format we should have a 3 digit country code and a 15 digit number but in India we do not have such a number format. 

Hi Surya,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number. If the problem persists, please send me a private message with the screenshot of the error so that I can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you it was help full.

I am getting same error 

Enter phone number in (###) ############ format.
I am adding like this **Edited for Community Guidelines** but showing error here. please suggent me correct format

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for reaching out to us. From your example, just remove the '+' sign in your country area code and you should be all set. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths