🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » facing a problem to Adding a phone number in ...
Page options
rabiaashfaque
Community Member

facing a problem to Adding a phone number in bank account payment method

I was seeking help on the issue. I am unable to add my phone number to my payment setup. Can you please help. I am also attached with a screen shot which you can see how I put my phone number
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rabia,

Could you please try entering your phone number in the format shown in the error message? The country code should be wrapped in brackets but no brackets needed around the phone number itself.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

155 REPLIES 155

Okay, Thank you.

I want to know how to put phone number in Get paid section. I am from India. When I am going to put (+91) before my mobile number it says that this is not valid format and showing error.

Hi Sankalan,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.
~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Okay. Thank you for your assistance.

I have a problem in adding my bank card to my upwork account due to a wrong phone format which it requires me to use format (###)############, which I have done it but the webpage doesn't let me proceed. Help please!

Hi Xiaoliu,

Please try to add the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Everyone - 

I'm a freelancer in Singapore trying to retrieve funds. So I click bank transfer, fill in my details but the 'phone number' field won't accept my phone number. I've tried every kind of variant and it seems to be a bug (Singapore has 8 digit numbers). Can you please advise? I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Cian

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cian,

Could you please try adding the phone number in this format: "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area? Make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have completed a project and need to add my bank details to be paid. On the bank details screen it will not accept a telephone number it keeps saying its incorrect

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Benjamin,

Please try to add the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi!I am having trouble adding my phone number on my payment method. It keeps asking to enter the phone number in format but I already did or I don't know what's wrong.. Please help. Thank you.

Hi Lencel,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! What phone number should i write for withdrawal directly to local bank? (xxx)xxxxxxxx give me example for Russia please

Hi Egor,

Thank you.
~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I cant set up a local bank account, because it says incorrect format for phone number section. I geniunly tried every possible format, please help me

Solved out already Smiley Happy

Hi Barkan,

Thank you.
~ Aleksandar
Upwork

facing same issue

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hina,

Could you please try adding the phone number in this format: "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code? Make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I have an issue with setting up the payment method. It won't accept my phone number. No matter how I type it in, it still says it's invalid. For some reason, it wants the country code, plus 12 digits, but my number is (+49) plus 11 digits. I even added a 0 to the start and it still wont accept it.

Something so simple like adding an international phone number, and it wont work!

As a new Upwork member, I think I have visited the community help page more than any other page this week. Just as one issue gets sorted, another one raises it's ugly head. It's so frustrating.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Peta,

Please try to add the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm new to upwork and was setting up an account for the payment when I couldn't understand how to enter a Pakistan Mobile Phone Number. I tried entering in the following formats

(+92) 1234567890
(092) 1234567890
(92) 0123456789

(+92) 123-456-7890

(092) 123-45-7890
Can you please tell me the write format you write the number?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Areeba,

Could you please try adding the phone number in this format: "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code? Make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, 

How to fill in the payement form please. 

My phone number is not accepted. What format to put please?

It says " Enter phone number in (###) ############ format."

It's romanian number (code +40)

so how it should look supposing that my phone number would be 0766 123 123?

Thank you for your help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cosmina Maria,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I filled the page "get paid" but my phone number format is not accepted (it's a french number). It doesn't exist to write it like the example (xxx)xxxxxxxxxxxx. we have 10 numbers, not 12. Can you help? Thank you; 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Catherine,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code area/country code, making sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

**Edited for community guidelines** is also not working. What should I do?

Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Catherine,

Looks like there's no space between the country code and the phone number. Could you please try adding it and let us know if the issue persists?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I also have same problem.  For setting up payment method,  the system is not accepting the phone number in the format given.  I typed as **Edited for Community Guidelines**.  What is the issue ?

Hi Vijo,

Please add a space between your country area code and the phone number. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hi, im from Philippines and i dont know the correct format of your phone number. please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raymart,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have been trying to input my phone number into the form to set up my pymt option direct to my local bank but the phone number field just wont accept my mobile number and i have tried to input it in several different ways. The format there requires more digits than a mobile number (with country prefix for Philippines) has. How do i fix this so i can set up my pymt options so i can receive my salary.

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear Sir, as i enter my mobile number in get paid page i.e **Edited for community guidelines** i get error  please help me 

SHAHID HUSSAIN

Hi Shahid Hussain,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, 

my telephone number is being rejected because it doesn't have the same number of digits as the Upwork format? My phone number is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sonya,

Please use the same format for your phone number but remove the plus sign in front of the country code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, this is not working either. It is a mobile number and in local format
it's
**Edited for Community Guidelines**. I don't have a landline phone.
Please show me how to do that because everything I do keeps getting
rejected.
Thank You In Advance

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members