Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: feedback uestion

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Paul M Member Since: Feb 25, 2018
1 of 10

I've completed about half of the milestones on what's going to be about 90 milestones total, over a multi-month period. Can the person who hired me send feedback now? He knows the work is consistent and will be willing to do it, but I don't wanna ask if it's not allowed by UW. Otherwise, I have to wait quite a long time.

thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
2 of 10

I am not aware of any way for a client to leave feedback on an unfinished project.

I have also never heard of a project that had 90 milestones.

You could ask the client to set up the project as, say, 10 milestones over 9 separate sub-projects. so you would both have the opportunity to leave feedback regularly after each sub-project is complete.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 10

Or set up the remaining 45 milestones as 5 projects with 9 milestones, etc.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
4 of 10

@Will L wrote:

I am not aware of any way for a client to leave feedback on an unfinished project.

I have also never heard of a project that had 90 milestones.

You could ask the client to set up the project as, say, 10 milestones over 9 separate sub-projects. so you would both have the opportunity to leave feedback regularly after each sub-project is complete.

For what it's worth, there must be many such contracts. I was on milestone 120-odd of a long term contract when Upwork introduced a rule to limit contracts to 100 milestones. My client was forced to close the contract and intitiate a new one for us to continue working on the project. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 10

120 milestones for a single project? Yikes!

It would take longer to set up all those milestones in Upwork's system than some of my smallest projects have taken to complete.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
6 of 10

Sure. The client can close the existing contract, give you feedback, and open a new one. It can be done in a minute, and yes, it is allowed.

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 10

If the client has already set up the remaining 45 milestones in Upwork's system, will (s)he have to set up the same milestones again under a new project?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Mike W Member Since: Sep 28, 2016
8 of 10

Yes, the client will have to setup the milestones again if they create a new job posting.

Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
9 of 10

Those milestones could not have been activated in advance, so it's not a big deal.

Highlighted
Thijmen Z Member Since: Jul 30, 2018
10 of 10
Out of curiosity, what project are you doing that requires 90 milestones?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS