cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback

Highlighted
Lynnae L Member Since: Aug 23, 2012
1 of 7
I had hired a contractor who applied and accepted a flat rate contract. Name, company, address, phone number(s) and valid email (valid email was the #1 requirement to be paid). Immediately AFTER the application and interview and accepting of the terms of the contract he began asking for more money for which he was told no. He was over qualified for the job - something I asked him about but he said he wanted the work as it was easy to do. The requirements of the job were laid out and he was to report back with his results every Friday. But he kept insisting on more money. To which I replied I had many more applicants and we could just end this before he got started. His response was no he wanted the job. He never messaged me via skype or odesk and i saw him online every day. This person had NO INTENTION of working on this contract. He did not contact me on the first Friday (which was only a day or two into the contract) and by the second Friday I had to contact him 6PM my time(USA EST) (he = Pakistan) He tried to provide me with an excel sheet of just a few contacts that was incomplete in every way and particularly email address. He complained about where he was searching - he chose that search - I provided him with many others. He again wanted more money to START the project. I ended the contract but there is NO WAY in the feedback allowed since he was not paid any money to let other prospective employers KNOW this guy is applying and accepting jobs he has no intention of fulfilling. This job does not even show or affect his current rating. How many times in the past has he done this? How many more times in the future will he do this or hold a project hostage for more money? As an employer I should have the right to know about this so he can be skipped over in the hiring process. This is unacceptable conduct and I am sure I am not the only one this is occurring to.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
2 of 7
I'm wondering why Odesk hasn't come up with some kind of a professional services agreement template that many freelancers/clients can use in fixed rate projects - with line items on schedules of deliverable, percentage breakdown of amount to be paid from project initiation to delivery and so on. At least, it adds extra protection for both. @Lynnae- kinda curious about that line on the valid email address; makes me think you paid a deposit via paypal, outside of Odesk. If you did pay it through the system though, you'd be able to leave your feedback and star rating to this person. On the other hand, if this person asked to be paid outside the system, the solution is simple: Report that person to Odesk for disintermediation and get him off this site for good.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
3 of 7
The way i read it, it was lynnae wanting to pay outside of odesk. anyway, doesn't matter how many pieces of paper you sign as client/contractor, the cost to recover would be 1000 to 1 to do it. If it would even be enforceable in another country.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
4 of 7
My interpretation is that Lynnae was asking the contractor to find leads and have the freelancer put them into an Excel sheet for marketing purposes, hence the mail being #1, and without it the contact would be useless and not qualified for payment. [quote]He tried to provide me with an excel sheet of just a few contacts that was incomplete in every way and particularly email address[/quote] [quote]Name, company, address, phone number(Drunk and valid email (valid email was the #1 requirement to be paid).[/quote] ... could be wrong, but that's my guess as I often require the same info. For example, I need a list of 20,000 schools across North America soon. I can't phone them all, so it starts with an email
Highlighted
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
5 of 7
your right Tony.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
6 of 7
but then again "he began asking for more money for which he was told no." I'm under the impression that he was paid x fee... and he began asking for more.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
7 of 7
Lynnae is saying that she can't leave feedback because the contractor was never paid, so there was no upfront payment. He was asking for more than what the contract said, but he was never actually paid anything. So even though Lynnae wasn't satisfied, she still got a tiny bit of free work out of the deal.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS