morrisonanele
Community Member

fixed contract

Can a client offer you a job offer on Upwork without funding milestone

How possible is it

I have a client who offer me a job offer and the contract is active

Am seeing $120

Then when job is being completed $240

So am asking does Upwork allow s client to offer a fixed job contract to freelancer without the client funding the milestone ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What you see is: 

budget 240

1. milestone 120

That means: You do the work covered by 1. milestone of 120, send it, submit for payment, wait for the client to activate the 2. milestone, then proceed as above.

What you should not do is send the total work when only half is funded. 

Edit: You have 4 ended contracts, 3 with pretty bad feedback. Pro tip: You need to do better work. You might get a JSS with the next contract, provided all of those were with different clients. It's not going to be good. It's going to be very bad. You need to really really get very good feedback now and always, actually. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Morrison A wrote:

Can a client offer you a job offer on Upwork without funding milestone

How possible is it

So am asking does Upwork allow s client to offer a fixed job contract to freelancer without the client funding the milestone ?

It is not possible for a client to hire a freelancer without funding a milestone. However, a client can hire a freelancer for a $1000 contract but only fund $5.

Basically, only what is in escrow (funded) counts, so you should only do the work that fits the funded milestone.

It is your responsibility to check that milestones are properly defined (what work is covered for each milestone) and funded with the appropriate amount agreed before (!) accepting the contract.

Can I screenshot to show you what am I mean
A client offer me job of $240
And am seeing $120 on my active contract page
But the $120 am seeing is not showing funded so am a kind of confused

What you see is: 

budget 240

1. milestone 120

That means: You do the work covered by 1. milestone of 120, send it, submit for payment, wait for the client to activate the 2. milestone, then proceed as above.

What you should not do is send the total work when only half is funded. 

Edit: You have 4 ended contracts, 3 with pretty bad feedback. Pro tip: You need to do better work. You might get a JSS with the next contract, provided all of those were with different clients. It's not going to be good. It's going to be very bad. You need to really really get very good feedback now and always, actually. 

I have finished the work for milestone 1 which is $120 and I have submitted
it since 13 days ago
Today is making it 14 days yet Upwork has yet to release the Escrow fund of
$120 to me

Wait a day more. 

It looks like the client isn't interested in the second half of the task. You may ask him once. 

Thanks alot I really appreciate your effort in replying to me I will wait
for a day more and see if Upwork will receive the fund in the escrow to me

wait a bit longer. Do not resubmit.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members