🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » for example This is the amount the client wil...
Page options
okpor28

for example This is the amount the client will see on your proposal 3,000.00

for example This is the amount the client will see on your proposal 3,000.00,is that the total earning for the duration of the project or the hour charge.

11 REPLIES 11
melissadrew

Minus 20% of $3,000

@Melissa S wrote:

Minus 20% of $3,000

20% only applies on the first $500 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

@Katrina B wrote:

@Melissa S wrote:

Minus 20% of $3,000

Does the 10% apply for the whole $3,000 then? Or 20% of the first $500 and 10% of the remaining amount?

@Melissa S wrote:

@Katrina B wrote:

@Melissa S wrote:

Minus 20% of $3,000

Does the 10% apply for the whole $3,000 then? Or 20% of the first $500 and 10% of the remaining amount?

20% applies to the first $500 and 10% to the remaining $2500 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Okpor,

If you are referring to your bid, then it depends on the type of the project. Fixed-price job posts and bids refer to the budget of the project and hourly posts and bids refer to the rate per hour. The highest hourly rate you can bid is $999 though.

Also, you can always discuss the details with the client at the interview stage if your proposal is accepted. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

If I could get $3000.00 an hour I could retire in a year Smiley Wink

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."
Buckaroo Banzai

@Vince D wrote:

That or just work an hour a week. lolol 

@Vince D wrote:

I wonder what kind of work pays that amount... 

@Melissa S wrote:

@Vince D wrote:

I wonder what kind of work pays that amount... 

Throwing a ball through a hoop.

I think if some one entered $3000 for a fix price project which actually worth round $100 or so.. it could be just a FILL IN THE BLANK.. or just a new way to grab attention of the client.. as atleast client will PM the freelancer that are you insane?? and freelancer will able to communicate with client now.. :))

innovatusc

The example you are referring to is most likely a fixed price proposal where you can quote a fixed budget for a project and you can see your earning minus UP fees. Hourly proposals are quoted with a per hour rate and in the field where you enter the rates, you will likely see a /hr rate minus UP fees. You are unable to enter an exact or approximate estimation of hours you would need to complete the project. Hope this helps.