🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Forgot Password and Security Answer
Page options
tusheroht
Community Member

Forgot Password and Security Answer

hi,

i had forgot my original accounts password and security answer. so, i can't reseting password. now, how can i access my original account?

please help me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
knwlzahid
Community Member

On the login page, choose the option reset password. see this link:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067518-Change-Password. 

Kanwal

View solution in original post

305 REPLIES 305

Page Not found

Hi Anurag,

Are you referring to the issue you have raised in this thread? If you are having trouble accessing the ticket link, please check your inbox. The same information was sent to the email address associated with your Upwork account. Please feel free to respond directly from your inbox. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Angela,

One of our agents will contact you directly and assist you with this. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Tried to click on the link to reset security question and it says the link expired. 
Cannot find contact inofrmation. 

i_lanska
Community Member

Hello,

I've forgotten the answer to my security question (and password of course) and now I cannot log in. Is there any way I can reset both?

Best regards,

Ilona

(written from another account)

Hi Ilona,

Yes you can, our team will reach out to you shortly to assist you further on how to reset them both. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I forgot the password and security answer of my original account (I am writing from a duplicate I have created now).

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Hi Pierluigi,

Our team will reach out to you on this account so that you can share your account details from your original account. Once you have resetted your question and password you will need to close this one as having more than one account is a violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Nice, thank you. 🙂

i also forgot my security question and password of my other account. I had to make a new account just to let you guys know that. how can i get my old id back??? please help?

Hi Talha,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly on this account to assist you further. Once you regain access to your original account please close your new account. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cari1800
Community Member

I know that I am not allowed to create a new account as well, but I've also forgotten my old password / security answer and cannot access my old account, so can I get help for said account, at **Edited for Community Guidelines**? I'll delete this account the moment I regain access. Thank you.

Hi Justrina,

We followed up with the team and they will update you directly via a support ticket regarding the status of your account.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi! I forgot an answer to a security question for my main account, so I can't login. (I created this one just to post here). When I try to click the link "Forgot security question", I see only a login page. Could you help me please? Thanks

Hi Lena,

Please complete and submit this form to recover your account. Someone from our team will reach out to assist. Once you`ve logged in to your original account I would suggest closing this one as having more than one is not allowed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need help
I forgot my password and security question
Many times I enter my password, I suspect that my account has been suspended
I created this account to talk to you, imagine it
I can not talk to you, whenever I use the password recovery form or the security question, you send me an email builder I can not currently subscribe to upwork
Now I want to either restore my old account or cancel it and my old account **Edited for Community Guidelines**
I promise you once you restore my old account I cancel this
Or let me know so that I can re-establish my account using the current account

Hi Karim,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I followed up with the team handling your case and they already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your password/security question recovery. Kindly, close your newly created account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
motakabbirhh
Community Member

Just call them and provide the information they ask for your account problem should be solved. 

shanthiaruna1180
Community Member

Forgot password and security answer

Hi Shanthi,

To reset your security question, please fill in the account recovery form here. This will automatically create a support ticket, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
jacksonjackson15
Community Member

Hello UpWork!

I am a freelancer myself and did create my freelancer account around a week ago. However, I did forget my freelancer account password and security answer. How can I reset it? Is there anyone who can help me?

Thank you!

seemasaini83078
Community Member

Hlo ,

I have forgotten the security answer and when i click on forgot security question then it's not sending the reset link on my email. Please resolve the issue.

Hi Seema,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Just call them and provide the information they ask for your account problem should be solved. 

da7b9273
Community Member

Hello Every One 

My name Ahad jamali and i forget my security question. Will you please assist me with this.
I also forget my google account as well.

Use this link to rest your information. You are required to give answers to questions only you should know to restore your account.

35345f58
Community Member

I forgot my password of my original account & I can't access my email, it mush have got compromised, so I need quick action.
I know my security question though if that would help.
I make request twise but didn't get any response.

Please help, I need to get my account back and start working.

Hi there, 

Please check out this help article for more information on recovering your login information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
35345f58
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I've followed the steps from the article and submitted the form for recovering the password, but no one is writing me. As I don't have access to my original email, I asked to be contacted on the new one. I hoped that someone will contact here. Thanks a lot though.

- Andrew

35345f58
Community Member

I've written to the support, but they would not assign the request to anybody, perhaps because it is a new account or something. Please help me with the issue.

Hi Magic,

Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via your support ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
35345f58
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thank you a lot for your response.

- Andrew

35345f58
Community Member

Hi Andrea

I've been contacted, but there was no further response, what should I do next? Is there an estimate time of waiting? I'm already waiting 3 days for the response ...

Regards,

Andrei

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Magic,

I'm sorry about the delay you have experienced on your ticket.

Tickets are addressed in the order they are received. However, I will escalate your concern to our team as well and one of our team members will assist you further. Feel free to follow up directly there with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork

hello, I have the same issue. can't retrieve my account. I know the username but forgot the email and password. 

Hi KB,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
45ccbd01
Community Member

I had done the process, but I didn't get any email from the upwork after a long time.

Hi Sai Naga,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
dd980bda
Community Member

Can someone help me resolve my issue about a forgotten password and security answer?

Hi Jeremiah,

You can go to this help article for instructions if you forgot your password and security answer.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members