🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » freelancers faking earnings
Page options
693c7474
Community Member

freelancers faking earnings

Please have a look at both uploaded images.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

There is a guy, who has an open job since 2014.

Although he has only completed ! a job for $110, the system says he has already earned $80k+ with on upwork.

This is fake, and simply some sort of scam-advertisement.

Which I have seen at some other profiles too.

I think upwork is actually one of the serious freelancing networks out there.

So I hope, that the guys there could implement some sort of correct display for really earned money / completed jobs, and not one for open jobs since 7 years !

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
c63ea194
Community Member

The earnings of the pending job are not real earnings?

Why shouldn't these count in total earnings too?

petra_r
Community Member

Andrew P wrote:

Although he has only completed ! a job for $110, the system says he has already earned $80k+ with on upwork.

This is fake, and simply some sort of scam-advertisement.

So I hope, that the guys there could implement some sort of correct display for really earned money / completed jobs, and not one for open jobs since 7 years !

What in the world are you talking about. It isn't fake at all!

That freelancer **HAS** earned the money it states on their profile.  They have been working *and have been getting paid* for 7 years. 

Where do you get the absolutely absurd idea from that the ongoing contract with its over 13,000 PAID hours shouldn't count towards the earnings?

bilsim
Community Member

@Andrew

You obviously misunderstood something. All the earnings count towards the total earnings. "In progress" simply means the contract has not been closed yet, as the client intends to continue using the freelancer's services. Once the client no longer needs the freelancer's service, they will close the contract and it will show as "completed".

The OP is also violating Upwork's ToS, as well as those of the forums, by publicly, and falsely calling out other members of the site for fraudulent behaviour. 

OP's profile is no longer available. Instant karma.

Phyllis G wrote:

OP's profile is no longer available. Instant karma.

No longer available, or is he a customer?
I think the same appears in both cases Smiley Frustrated

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths