cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freelancers who tried skrill or payoneer.

Mohammad O Member Since: May 14, 2015
11 of 13

Thats true, skrill card is linked with the balance directly like any card issued with a local bank so withdraw can be at any time and no need to wait.

Guglielmo C Member Since: Oct 13, 2015
12 of 13

What is the best method to withdraw in Italy ?

Ace Contributor
Marissa A Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
13 of 13

Hi Mohammed, I have never used Skrill and I used to have a Payoneer card. I had to open it in the beginning because my country (Peru) didn't allow withdrawals from paypal (it does now). It was all good, I didn't mind much about the fees. I also had to pay an ATM fee to the ATM provider which was about $6 on top of everything.

The problem I had with Payoneer that resulted in me closing the account was that you are not protected against fraud. The card back then didn't have a chip (I don't know if the new ones do) which made it easy to clon. My card somehow got clonned and about $800 were taken from my account somewhere in Mexico (???) in a gas station apparently.

Payoneer refused to apply Mastercards policy and ended up offering a "good will gesture" to pay back about $100. I raised a claim with BBB and only after they got involved I was able to get my money back. As soon as I was able to open an account in the UK (where I live now) I closed the account. Now I just use paypal or direct transfer into my bank.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS