cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

friend invitation

Aya S Member Since: Oct 21, 2018
1 of 12

how can I invite a friend to Upwork? 
and I reed before that for every verified email you will get one free month of plus account. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 12

@Aya S wrote:

how can I invite a friend to Upwork? 
and I reed before that for every verified email you will get one free month of plus account. 

You read wrong.  I have never heard of that, and if it ever existed, it certainly doesn't any longer

Upwork is no longer looking for new freelancers. Every day 10.000 try to join Upwork, and 98% are turned down.

Stevan R Member Since: Nov 16, 2018
3 of 12

He not read wrong, i saw that page week ago... now i cant find it

For every user you invited you get 30 connects

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
4 of 12

Huh, well I've never seen it. I would also add it's definitely not something that's needed. There's already enough people trying to get on Upwork. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 12

@Stevan R wrote:

He not read wrong, i saw that page week ago... now i cant find it

For every user you invited you get 30 connects

Heaven knows what you have seen, it is nonsense.

The very LAST thing Upwork wants is more freelancers. It already has way too many, most never win a single job.

Every day 10.000 eager hopefuls try to join. 98% are rejected.

So what about the above facts would make it sound likely that Upwork would encourage people to invite even MORE people who will almost certainly (98%, remember) be rejected?

Jo C Member Since: Aug 21, 2019
6 of 12

I was able to invite a friend and get 1 month free

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 12

I'm guessing they're thinking about the "Bring your own freelancer to Upwork" program: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063588-Invite-Outside-Freelancers-to-Join-You-on-Upw...

Or ... what Valeria said.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 12

Hi Aya,

I believe you are referring to the promotion we have for new freelancers who refer clients to Upwork when they themselves sign up for an account on the platform. They can receive a free month of Freelancer Plus membership for each new client they refer to the platform – up to three clients and three months in total. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Omid B Member Since: May 15, 2019
9 of 12

Hi. i did that and sent email for a colleague but did not receive a month of upwork plus. worst part is I can't see that window again to send more invitation. where is it? should be somewhere in setting or so. any idea about my probelm?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 12

Hi Omid, 

Could you please confirm which promo you are referring to, as this was a thread from 2018? I also checked your account and can see that you currently have a client account. I would like to clarify that the Plus membership is a membership plan for Freelancers. Let me know about the promo so that I can look into this further.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS